Current/Accepted Students: Tablet vs Laptop

I sincerely doubt my 5 year old laptop will make it through PA school. I was hoping current/accepted students could discuss their opinions on buying a new laptop or tablet for school and any recommendations.

Also any advice for the newly accepted class would be greatly appreciated. Anything you wish you knew before you started or would have bought to help you prepare while you still had the money to afford to it.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

When I started school I was in the same dilemma and I decided to go with a laptop. I think it was the best choice. There is a good amount of people in the class that have tablets and I have not heard too many complaints about it either. So, bottom line, it is up to you...

I would go with laptop because you can do more with it and nowadays they are small enough and light to carry.

Advice for first year: Don't buy all the load of books they tell you to buy. Wait until you go to class and see what you really need. I had no idea and spent hundreds of dollars buying books that now I don't use. If you know people in the class, you can share a book and split the cost.

Also don't waste your money buying an expensive otoscope. There's one online for like $70 and thats good enough for school.

Dont buy the workbook for patho. The teacher doesn't use it. If you have to buy the ADAM book for anatomy, buy it without cd. It is cheaper and the cd can be found in the library.

Realize that what you just signed up for will take up ALL of your time, so don't forget to spend quality time with your loved ones and do things that make you happy. Otherwise, you will be sorry!

Good luck to all. Im sure those chosen will do just fine. They chose you for a reason!

Archived