TX licensure

Can someone tell me when the Texas board meets to pass PA's to be licensed in state of Texas? I heard that they meet three times a year. How is the Jurisprudence Examination? I need to schedule that. Can my future employer cover costs of licensing and testing?

Thanks

Can someone tell me when the Texas board meets to pass PA's to be licensed in state of Texas? I heard that they meet three times a year. How is the Jurisprudence Examination? I need to schedule that. Can my future employer cover costs of licensing and testing?

Thanks

1. If you call the board, they will tell you when the next meeting is scheduled.

2. Jurispudence exam is easy - The TMB provides you with all the questions and answers to study.

3. Yes, if you already have one lined up and they're willing, that's great!

Good luck!

1. If you call the board, they will tell you when the next meeting is scheduled.

2. Jurispudence exam is easy - The TMB provides you with all the questions and answers to study.

3. Yes, if you already have one lined up and they're willing, that's great!

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
But you can apply for a temporary license that is issued before the TMB meeting and then at the TMB meeting you can get your permanent license

Hi poseidon,

I have a question about the temporary license. Do I just mail them the Temporary License Affidavit and a check payable to "TX PA board" together with my other supporting documents? I couldn't find the details like that on their website. Please let me know if you applied the temporary one! Thank you!!!

Eve

I need to start working on my licensure paperwork for TX as well. I was on the site for the online application, and it asks about employment history. I have yet to tell my job that I'm leaving the state, does the TX medical board contact your current employer? If so, guess I need to wait a bit longer on the app!

Archived