Accepted Statistics?

• 6 months later...

Hi olga,

Be yourself! Don't get nervous. They will ask you questions like why you want to be a PA, why not other health professions, what you are looking for in a PA program (as is characterized by the PA programs that you applied to), what you have done to prove your desire to be a PA, etc. They saw your application and read your essay, so they have a good understanding of who you are on paper. But the interview is a way for them to attain just a slice of a more 3-dimensional perception of you as a person and as a PA applicant. Therefore, you should try to be calm, be confident, be proud of your accomplishments, be friendly, and, above all, stand out from the rest of the applicants.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

yes, like mh2013 said... most importantly STAND OUT from everyone else... so maybe not be yourself??  I tried to pretend like my interview was the Hunger Games-- you have to gain everyone's trust until you get in... then you can be yourself and ditch Peeta because you never really liked him to begin with-- you just had to... to survive.  

I was accepted into NYIT and from the tour and the interview, the staff and the program seemed very knowledgeable and highly supportive. The only downside for me was the cost of the program at roughly $110,0000 in tuition alone. However, I believe that it is well worth the positives that you would receive as an NYIT student. I personally chose another school solely because it was more affordable for me. Hope this helps. Best of luck in your future PA career!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congrats Arvas! Did you just hear back from the waitinglist or were you previously accepted?

Has anyone on the waiting list heard back??

Good luck to all!

I was accepted to NYIT
BS in Biology 3.8
Science GPA 3.9
MS In Microbiology 4.0
Thesis work on nosocomial infections completed.
Emt-b certified 500 hours.

Archived