class 2015 yaki students...

• Administrator

I do know there's a DO school in Yakima now, PNWU.edu, which at one point had a PA program director on faculty. Don't know if that had anything to do with it, but PNWU seems to be doing fine as far as a new medical school goes.

• Administrator

I do know there's a DO school in Yakima now, PNWU.edu, which at one point had a PA program director on faculty. Don't know if that had anything to do with it, but PNWU seems to be doing fine as far as a new medical school goes.

• Administrator

Me and all of my fellow yakima classmates have been moved to different sites. Those with bachelors degrees already or close to completing them are joining the Masters track in either seattle or spokane. The others are joining Tacoma or being offered admission next year if they can not make it work this year. We were told that they were having trouble retaining staff over in Yakima. I also think it has somthing to do with a new PA program opening next year in Yakima as well.

Me and all of my fellow yakima classmates have been moved to different sites. Those with bachelors degrees already or close to completing them are joining the Masters track in either seattle or spokane. The others are joining Tacoma or being offered admission next year if they can not make it work this year. We were told that they were having trouble retaining staff over in Yakima. I also think it has somthing to do with a new PA program opening next year in Yakima as well.

Interesting. They have been trying to get that new PA program up & running for several years now. It was originally to be a Master's only program, & that may have been a big reason why they couldn't get it going at the time. Anything specific about how it is being implemented this time? Same school trying it? Certificate or Bachelor's option, etc.?

Interesting. They have been trying to get that new PA program up & running for several years now. It was originally to be a Master's only program, & that may have been a big reason why they couldn't get it going at the time. Anything specific about how it is being implemented this time? Same school trying it? Certificate or Bachelor's option, etc.?

Archived