2013 Application Cycle--Matriculation Jan 2015

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking about it earlier today.  I don't think any rejection letters have gone out, only because I believe that someone would post here if that were the case.  I would imagine that the class is pretty close to full capacity though. 

Maybe they are still waiting to hear back from some of the accepted candidates before sending out any additional updates.  Just my thought.

Hoping to hear something soon though.  I know there are some schools that I am considering that have CASPA deadlines coming up in a month and I'll have to re-request my references, make application updates, etc before applying, but want to make sure this option is no longer on the table before doing that.

Me either.

Sent an email this morning thinking it was just a mistake with me. They told someone yesterday all the acceptance emails had gone out and the rest would go out tomorrow.

EDIT:: just retread this and realized I screwed it up.

What I heard is all the acceptance letters went out earlier this week, and all the wait just and declined letters were going out YESTERDAY.

Not sure what is going in with the few if us that haven't heard anything yet.

No news here, either. They probably haven't sent out any rejections yet.

Given the matriculation stats for EVMS, I knew my odds were slim-at-best when I didn't get in on that first round of acceptances, and I started working on next cycle's application. Now my fate seems all but certain, yet I still keep checking my e-mail and this forum. I guess when you've invested so much hope and excitement into getting into a school, it's hard to let go until you've received final word. Hopefully when I call Monday they'll have the bullet ready for me.

Maynard, I feel exactly the same way, everytime I think I'm ready to move on I start thinking about everything I did and went through to get to this point and everything I'll have to do to get back.

If we want to be an optimist we can tell our selves maybe a couple more spits became availible and they are deciding on who to give them to, and that's why a few still haven't heard.

I find it hard to believe that they would just leave us hanging in the breeze for no good reason. Rejection emails should have been fairly easy to figure out I would think, order the 20-30 people on the wait list and let the others off the hook

Kem, shawno19 and Maynard,

I received my official decline of admission letter. :( although I am sad, I am not defeated! This coming year will be filled with a lot of work, but I know that it will all pay off in the end.

You all can do this! If you're outcome is the same as mine (which I hope it is not) but if it is, use it as fluid to ignite the fire during this coming year!!!

We all have it in us!

Best of luck to you all!

Kindest,

Erin

Thanks so much for such encouraging words Erin. I am so sorry you did not make it this cycle, but I couldn't agree more about this experience further igniting the fire. Good luck over this next year! Also, did they send your denial via postal mail, or email? 

They send all results by e-mail, rejections included.

I called up this morning to check my status and was told that all decisions were sent out by last Friday. When I made it clear that I didn't have any e-mail in my inbox/spambox they took down my info and I got the official rejection shortly thereafter. If anyone still doesn't have results I would encourage you to contact the program directly.

Better luck next cycle.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I've been following the forum but I am just now posting. I was wait listed and just got my acceptance email yesterday! I will be coming from Pittsburgh, PA if anyone else is from the area. I would like to join the facebook group but couldn't find the correct group name if someone could point me in the right direction. To anyone else who got wait listed or is applying again next cycle, do not give up! I took the long way around and could of quit multiple times to get to this point but in the end all your hard work will eventually pay off! I can't wait to start in January with the Class of 2017!

Hillary

Archived