2013 Application Cycle--Matriculation Jan 2015

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

Congrats to all who received acceptances! We are looking forward to having you on campus in January.

Just a couple of quick comments:

For Nate who is the admin on the Facebook Page... it should be MPA Program rather than MPAS

Also, not sure if you are setting it up as an open or closed group. But, if it is open and has EVMS as the title or topic, the schools marketing folks sometimes look for these and can ask you to close it as it is not official. And, they sometimes will question some of the comments, if they reflect badly on the school.

So, my suggestion would be to create a closed group and communicate with one another without anyone looking over your shoulder. You might reach out to the class ahead of you to see how they handled it.

All the best,

Dr. Parish

Hi Dr. Parish!

Are acceptances going out in waves, much like the interview offers did? Or have all offers been pushed out last evening? Trying to keep the hope alive over here!

Thank you very much for the reply!

Hi

Congrats to all who received acceptances! We are looking forward to having you on campus in January.

Just a couple of quick comments:

For Nate who is the admin on the Facebook Page... it should be MPA Program rather than MPAS

Also, not sure if you are setting it up as an open or closed group. But, if it is open and has EVMS as the title or topic, the schools marketing folks sometimes look for these and can ask you to close it as it is not official. And, they sometimes will question some of the comments, if they reflect badly on the school.

So, my suggestion would be to create a closed group and communicate with one another without anyone looking over your shoulder. You might reach out to the class ahead of you to see how they handled it.

All the best,

Dr. Parish

Hello all!

My name is Corey and I have also been accepted to EVMS! I am very excited to meet everyone in January. I am from Boston and looking forward to relocating in Virginia. Just wanted to introduce myself and will also join the FB group.

Exciting time! Congrats to everyone else who has been accepted.

- Corey

CStep, I am in the same boat- waiting, wondering, trying to keep the hope alive! Congrats to all who have been accepted, and good luck to those still waiting like myself!

Same.

Guess when there is 160 people hoping for 80 spots, there has to be 80 disappointed people. Sucks to be in the disappointed half, but will still hold out hope that I'll get in from the wait list.

Yeah you did ;)

So when are people going to start heading out this way (for those of you out of town)?

I will probably try to move up in december (but won't actually move for good until right before school starts) however I plan to come up for a weekend to find a place sometime this fall…not sure when but will probably coordinate with a few others if possible :)

Thanks Bree!

To be honest...I have been incredibly emotional through this process. As we have all sacrificed and done so much to get this far.

I have been humbled and honored to even be in the company of the people I have met. Bree, James, Lindsey, Fitz, MaryK, Sally, Albert, countless others...you all are so deserving and I'm over joyed for you all.

I hope I get the opportunity to be apart of such an amazing group who have built a deep comraderie already.

I need more volcano sushi and yard house nights! :)

PAplease17- I am on the same page as you with the FB.... Only BC I have coworkers on my page too that I am not ready to tell yet. Someone mentioned to me that closed groups will not come up for others to see, but I am going to try and see if I can figure it out too.

Peasandthankyou- I'm also from the DC area!! We should definitely meet!

Hi,

Yes, the acceptances will go out in more than one batch. Although, the largest batch goes out first and then a few more are sent out if there are some who decline our admission offer.

Sorry to anyone not in the first group. I know it has to be tough to wait. Everyone's status will be clear in the next week or so.

All the best!

Well Cstep,

Time to start operation 'Hold your breath' 2.0

Today is 2 week from interviews, and yesterday was 10 days from when first batch of acceptance letters went out.

I would think tomorrow should be the odds on favorite on when we would hear something.

Good luck!

Archived