2013 Application Cycle--Matriculation Jan 2015

Hi,

Can we call to check on the status of our applications? By now, they should know who will be invited for an interview and who they will be rejected ?Since CASPA opens soon!

Thanks

CrossfitEMT, We receive more than 2200 applications, and they all require some level of review. By the time you separate out the ones that do not have all of our prerequisites, or do not meet minimums for citizenship status, and grades (mainly grades) the number drops a fair amount. Then several hundred each year do not complete a supplemental application (no fee associated with this). So that's were the 12 hundred or so comes from.

With CASPA, it is easy to select additional schools without necessarily going to each website to make certain that you meet their requirements.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, there is a chance it might have been as well!...lol :( you guys are so patient...

@iamme, ummph's post above states that they review completed applications until the end of May. There's a chance your application may not be reviewed yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it won't be until June, but if anyone hears anything from the program please post it :) I had a dream last night that I received a letter from EVMS to interview…wishful thinking- if only it were true! Don't worry iamme- you aren't the only one who has trouble with the wait :)

Good luck to you all! 

No one has gotten in yet for the current year.  I have several friends that are in all areas of the program (1st year, 2nd year, and graduating).  Their stats were similar to what has been posted on the website.  As for the interviews, I believe that there are two parts to the interviews.  A group and an individual section.  ummph has stated that the interviews will be at the end of July, and that interview requests will go out in the beginning of June.  Hope this helps and best of luck to all!

Was there / is there a specific email that was sent out stating that one's application is under review? The last email I received was that of ...your file is complete....did anyone received anything after that? Just curious...for the ppl posting about their file is under review??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In talking to the people at EVMS they said it would be sometime in the next couple of weeks.  They had an explosion in the amount of applicants this year (around 400 more).  With that said it took them slightly longer to review the applications, personal statements, LOR's, and etc.

I can understandd the spamming of email checking that's been going on ..... I am also a culprit....

Good Luck to everyone and hopefully we will hear something in the following weeks...

Hmmm, that's interesting that they said they had additional applications (400 or so as you mentioned), yet Ummph's post was after the March deadline claiming the 2200 or so applicants this year.

Either way, starting the 28th of May, I had been hitting refresh on my email/junk mail on my phone nearly ever hour! o.O  Very anxious! Also "couple of weeks" is so vague!

2200 is including the people that click on EVMS in CASPA but never fill out the supplemental application, to which EVMS says equates to dropping the number down to the normal of 1.2k-1.4k.  This year they had the higher number.

I think my phone is tired of me hitting my gmail app everytime I look at it :p

That's crazy...I honestly couldn't imagine selecting a school, applying, paying the CASPA fee, then never filling out the necessary supplemental app to even be considered.  Their loss :P

I've put everything into this...the wait is nearly unbearable!

I think that is part of the process of weeding out those that aren't ready to go to PA school yet.  Between that and not filling things out correctly or with the appropriate information.

With any luck their loss is our gain....

I understand completely.  Went back to school after being out for 12 years, retook all the pre-reqs (added Organic), slaved at the application (both of them) submitted everything and now it's out of my hands.  If we get interviews we then get to wait another 4-6 weeks for the interviews. 

It is my understanding from several current students that after the interview it's pretty quick on letting you know if you are in or not so at least the waiting gets less...

Hmm, IDK about another couple of weeks and additional applicants....when I spoke with someone in admissions..maybe a couple weeks ago, he said by the end of May, we should hear back...now it's early June....hmmm....I don't know why I'm stressing....I'm accepted into 2 nursing schools already  if this doesn't work out.....but I want the PA.....come on EVMS...either way please...just get it over with...thanks..

Archived