2013 Application Cycle--Matriculation Jan 2015

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'll try to clarify:

We start a new class each January.

Our Application deadline is March 1st each year for the following January start.

CASPA closes for the mont of April, so in late April or May, we allow applications to begin (so that folks applying to other schools with a fall start can designate us at the same time).

So, Applications accepted from April 2013 to March 1, 2014 are for the class that will start January 2015.

There is no advantage to early submission. All applications are treated as if they were accepted on March 1st.

Interviews are in mid July and offers go out in August, for a January start.

Hope that helps a little!

Does anyone know what an upper level Psychology class is? I took community psychology and sociology of psychology, do any of these classes qualify?
Upper level would be a 200, 300 or 400 level course. Those sounds like upper level psychology courses. A lower level would be considered as General Psych like Psy101.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am applying too. I interviewed at EVMS 2 years ago and did not get accepted. I did not have much HCE. I now have a ton of HCE. The faculty and students that I met were great and they were just finishing the new building.

This has been a long process but I know that it is worth every minute.

I currently work with an ER doctor and a surgeon that both went to med school at EVMS and they both have nothing but great things to say about the school!!

I hope to see all that apply at the interviews next July.

The wait will seem like forever but the reward is definitely worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone do a consult? I tried to schedule one, but it appears they are all full. 

bnicole,

I had a consult in October which was extremely helpful. I met with Ms. Rose and she was wonderful in letting me know where I stand in the application process. You can only schedule one if you haven't already applied but I highly recommend it. I had to stalk the site and as soon as they put more consults on the schedule, I jumped on it quickly. You could always try calling and maybe they will schedule one that way for you.

Good luck!

I am applying too. I interviewed at EVMS 2 years ago and did not get accepted. I did not have much HCE. I now have a ton of HCE. The faculty and students that I met were great and they were just finishing the new building.

This has been a long process but I know that it is worth every minute.

I currently work with an ER doctor and a surgeon that both went to med school at EVMS and they both have nothing but great things to say about the school!!

I hope to see all that apply at the interviews next July.

The wait will seem like forever but the reward is definitely worth it.

Good luck throughout this process. Definitely grueling but you seem to be doing all the right things!! I can't wait to see that you were accepted!!

• 3 weeks later...

bnicole,

I had a consult in October which was extremely helpful. I met with Ms. Rose and she was wonderful in letting me know where I stand in the application process. You can only schedule one if you haven't already applied but I highly recommend it. I had to stalk the site and as soon as they put more consults on the schedule, I jumped on it quickly. You could always try calling and maybe they will schedule one that way for you.

Good luck!

Thanks! I actually emailed someone and was able to get a consult scheduled, which I have later today. I hope I am considered a competitive candidate so I can apply this cycle :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived