Will my grades screw me?

Last time I attended traditional school was about 5 years ago. GPA was awful 2.4 I believe and I had a ton of w's...like 15 :(

Anyways, I took 5 years off from school then decided to go back to school (private school) to complete my LVN. In LVN school I have a 4.0. and in all my pre-req sciences (which were completed recently at a different school) I also have all A's in those. I am a CNA and LVN and have about 2,000+ hours, should be up to 3,000k by the time I apply.

Will the 2.4 gpa and w's screw me when I apply even though my science GPA is awesome?

Last time I attended traditional school was about 5 years ago. GPA was awful 2.4 I believe and I had a ton of w's...like 15 :(

Anyways, I took 5 years off from school then decided to go back to school (private school) to complete my LVN. In LVN school I have a 4.0. and in all my pre-req sciences (which were completed recently at a different school) I also have all A's in those. I am a CNA and LVN and have about 2,000+ hours, should be up to 3,000k by the time I apply.

Will the 2.4 gpa and w's screw me when I apply even though my science GPA is awesome?

• Administrator

Short answer: Probably.

Even schools that calculate a separate "last X" GPA will require a minimum overall GPA for consideration, in most cases. If you can get your cumulative GPA up to the magical 3.0 mark, your odds improve greatly.

• Administrator

Even schools that calculate a separate "last X" GPA will require a minimum overall GPA for consideration, in most cases. If you can get your cumulative GPA up to the magical 3.0 mark, your odds improve greatly.

• Administrator

Archived