Is this fine to do?

I'm applying this cycle 2013-2014

I have no hands-on experience and am applying to schools that don't necessarily require HCE or will substitute shadowing/volutneer for HCE hrs etc.

But....While I'm in the process, I'm getting my CNA certification May 31st after I graduate the 2nd week of May with my B.S degree with a 3.5+ cGPA and 3.3+ sGPA hopefully. Will it at least show that I'll have one whole year to gain hands-on exp when I'm applying? I'm assuming some programs will like to have it by the time of application, but again I'm being choosy in which schools I'm applying too that cater to my background

I have:

400+ hrs MD/PA shadowing

9 months neuro research

9 months ER volunteer - 100+ hrs

4 months Shelter volunteer 50+ hrs

I have no hands-on experience and am applying to schools that don't necessarily require HCE or will substitute shadowing/volutneer for HCE hrs etc.

But....While I'm in the process, I'm getting my CNA certification May 31st after I graduate the 2nd week of May with my B.S degree with a 3.5+ cGPA and 3.3+ sGPA hopefully. Will it at least show that I'll have one whole year to gain hands-on exp when I'm applying? I'm assuming some programs will like to have it by the time of application, but again I'm being choosy in which schools I'm applying too that cater to my background

I have:

400+ hrs MD/PA shadowing

9 months neuro research

I have:

400+ hrs MD/PA shadowing

9 months neuro research

I have:

400+ hrs MD/PA shadowing

9 months neuro research

I do not think schools will assume you will get a year's worth of HCE. I think that if you want to prove your HCE either postpone submitting your app until you get a job or you'll need to mail copies of your first pay stub to all your schools.

Ask admissions for direction or advice

I do not think schools will assume you will get a year's worth of HCE. I think that if you want to prove your HCE either postpone submitting your app until you get a job or you'll need to mail copies of your first pay stub to all your schools.

That's at least 350 too many.

more like 400 too may. shadowing does not take the place of working in healthcare. "shadowing" as a concept didn't exist in pa applications until probably 2000 or so when programs started decreasing real hce requirements. everyone in my class knew about PAs by working with PAs for YEARS.

more like 400 too may. shadowing does not take the place of working in healthcare. "shadowing" as a concept didn't exist in pa applications until probably 2000 or so when programs started decreasing real hce requirements. everyone in my class knew about PAs by working with PAs for YEARS.

I agree with EMEDPA about that. I am starting school this June, and had 0 hours of shadowing/volunteering; but over 8000 hours of clinical work as a Neurophysiology tech alongside doctors, PAs and nurses. And that is why I know exactly what each profession entails.

Get your experience, it will be eye opening.

I agree with EMEDPA about that. I am starting school this June, and had 0 hours of shadowing/volunteering; but over 8000 hours of clinical work as a Neurophysiology tech alongside doctors, PAs and nurses. And that is why I know exactly what each profession entails.

Archived