• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So they only want transcripts sent through caspa correct? Or do they want them sent there directly?

You should send your transcripts to CASPA. I think the only time you send your transcripts directly to them is if you were taking a prerequisite during the summer and you already submitted your CASPA app and CASPA already verified and calculated your GPA. That's what I read on the CASPA website because I was taking genetics this summer but my schools didn't release the summer grades until 8/12 (I had already submitted my CASPA app on 8/2). Since my GPA was already calculated before 8/12, it said to send my updated transcript directly to my programs I am applying to. Hope this helps!

Will we get confirmation that they received our sup app? I got the email that stated I passed the initial pre-req audit but haven't heard back that they have my sup app and payment. I haven't had the best luck with the US postal service lately, so just hope my sup app made it!

I sent a blank postcard with my address on it along with the supp app. They sent the postcard back with a dated stamp when they received the app. If you didn't send a postcard, Im sure you can call and ask if they received it.

When did you receive the email? Also, when did you send you application? I didn't get any email regarding the initial pre-req audit. Anyone else get any email too?

I didn't get an email about passing the initial pre-req audit either. I know they got my supp app because they cashed my $60 check already. I submitted my CASPA on 8/2 so maybe it's too soon for me. Has anyone received any confirmation emails about their app being reviewed? It seems like on last year's forum they were receiving these emails already.

choco86- ahh I remember reading about sending the post card suggestion on their website now that you mention it :/...... I submitted my CASPA 8/8 and was mailed 8/14. Not sure if they send that initial email to everyone. I contacted Dr. Blessing with a question regarding transcripts. Instead of answering my question he said my app met all pre reqs and passed on for further review. Since you guys didn't get the same email its probably not standard, he was just being courteous and replying to my email.

Hi all- I received the following email on July 31:

This email is to update you on the progress of your PA application. At this point, your application has undergone the first departmental review process and been forwarded to our "Eligible for Faculty Review" category. This is the review category from which applicants will be selected for interview. It will be at least 2 months before you hear anything further.

You are likely to receive this email again because I do not have a way to separate out individuals each time I send the update.

Congratulations on making this step.

• 3 weeks later...

I applied to this school and they informed me that my statistics credits didn't meet the requirements. I took a 4 quarter unit statistics course and they required 3 semester units which make me about 0.4 units short. The councilor told me to send a form to wave those units and I did, but I haven't heard back from them. When I tried emailing them and asking to see if it was approved or not, they told me I have to wait because they're very busy. Has anyone else tried to wave or replace any prerequisite courses for this school? Have they approve or reject it yet? I'm trying to find out how strict they are when it comes to their prerequisites and what my chances are of actually being considered for admission.

Dr. Blessing said in their info session that they are very strict about what courses they will waive, however, I submitted a waiver form and it was approved less than 24 hours later. I think it just depends on the course. I had already contacted Dr. Blessing about my course a few months prior, so I think he was expecting to see the waiver.

^^^ same thing happened to me. they prefer not to waive the 3 semester units for applicants so i would recommend asking them to accept coursework where stats was part of the course. if you took any classes in your undergrad years that mentioned "use of statistics" in the syllabus/course description, print that out send it to them, with the "Petition for CRS review" form.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I received an email this morning stating that my application is in review by the faculty and that this is the review category from which applicants will be selected for interview. It also listed the total # of applicants:

Total CASPA: 1318
Total completed apps: 963

Number to be interviewed: 132

Does anyone know what the class size is suspected to be for this year?

Hello! A friend of mine is currently in her first year here and she said she heard interview dates are Oct 26, Nov 23, & December 14. Has anyone received an invite for Oct? I would imagine they would have mailed out those invites but now considering its 3 weeks away...The Oct date also conflicts w UTSW & I thought they typically try to make sure that their dates don't coincide....

The last thing I heard from this program was that my application is in review by the faculty. It said this is the review category from which applicants will be selected for interview. (same email as neecolio425 above). The email was sent on October 1. Hopefully we'll start hearing about invites soon!

Archived