Any comments on the interview this past weekend?  Was it intense or laid back?  Did they give you the essay question before the interview date, or was it given at the interview?  Sorry for all the questions, I'm just excited/ nervous.  Thanks! 

@daguru77, I don't mind sharing...

Interview date: 11/23

GPA: 3.22 (overall) and 3.13 (science)

GRE: I didn't take it

HCE: 4400 hrs, 1040 of those hours are PCE

Volunteer and Shadowing hours: 265 hours

I also have a very extensive research background with a few publications.  As you can see, I don't have the best GPA so I've worked hard to shine in other areas.  I agree with nicole1228 that the personal statement and LOR are really important.  I feel confident that I was strong in these areas as well.  Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info, it does help!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks hann47 and nicole1228! I'm actually surprised they are letting us know around Christmas time.  Just by looking at last year's application forum, it seemed like they didn't let people know until after they finished all their interviews (late January).  Dear Santa, all I want for Christmas is an acceptance to UTHSCSA! Lol!!!  I wishing the best for you two and everyone else who's hoping to get an interview/ acceptance here!  

@gpangind You're welcome!  I hope you get an interview soon! :)

Is everyone who got an interview from Texas? I heard that Texas schools rarely admit non texas residence. Anyone know if that's true?

I called admission office before I applied and the lady on the phone bluntly told me not to apply because I probably won't get in since I was out of state. I also talked to a retired faculty from there and he said the same thing. I still applied and yesterday I got an email saying that they were not going to offer me an interview.

I'm sure they do admit non residence each year but the numbers are probably very low.

Good luck to you all!

• 2 weeks later...

New to this forum.  Have interview on 11/23/12.  Was very excited, but now I found out that there was already a round of interviews.  Does this mean that all those already interviewed are already deemed better qualified, or is there another way in which interview order is determined (alphabetically, order received, randomly)?  Just wondering.  And those accepted in previous years, which interview cycle were you in?

I received the email about being in the group that they choose the interiews from. still have heard nothing :( I have over 2 years of research experience at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, as well as a ton of shadow and volunteer hours. My GPA (3.7) and science GPA (3.55) are both above what they require. I also have a 2nd author publication in a well known journal. I have been waitlisted at UNT :/ and have an interview the 26th at Texas Tech. Do you think its too late to be offered an interview from UTHSCSA?? I hope not! Good luck to everyone!

@GGWHITE

At the November 23rd interview date, they said we would find out at 1/3 times; either after the November 23rd interview date (early decision), after the December interview date, or in January 2014 (all via e-mail). I am not sure if they will inform those who are denied this way (via e-mail) or if they will send out a letter, which will take longer.

Archived