• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys I just got my interview invite today!!! I'm so happy but also conflicted because I'm in a wedding on the same day as the interview (October 26th). I'm going to call and see if I can move my interview to the November date.

@patxhopeful1 My Caspa was mailed out 8/14.

@nicole1228 I went to an open house back in April and they said their interviews are the multiple mini interviews.

There is an essay--or at least there was when I interviewed way back in 2011. There was the intro, the tour and question/answer session with the requisite pizza (that's what they ALWAYS feed you), the essay portion and the multiple mini interviews. Personally, I thought it was a lot of fun. I must have done something right, I graduate in May. :)

Hey all, I got the same email as neecolio and I'm still awaiting an invite. Both overall and science GPAs are a shade above a 3.0, but I do have two degrees: bachelor of science and master of athletic training and sports medicine at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. I've been working for an orthopedic and sports medicine clinic since finishing graduate school in 2010 and have over 6000 hrs of direct patient contact experience. I'm starting to get a little weary and anxious.Anybody with similar stats in the same boat as me??

Gary Gostnell, MAT, ATC, LAT

Ggostnell@sportherapy.net

Hey all, I got the same email as neecolio and I'm still awaiting an invite. Both overall and science GPAs are a shade above a 3.0, but I do have two degrees: bachelor of science and master of athletic training and sports medicine at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. I've been working for an orthopedic and sports medicine clinic since finishing graduate school in 2010 and have over 6000 hrs of direct patient contact experience. I'm starting to get a little weary and anxious.Anybody with similar stats in the same boat as me??

Don't get discouraged yet! UTHSCSA's interview season is just getting started and you sound like a really good applicant!  I have very similar stats as yours (lower GPA, masters, and about 3000 hrs of HCE) and I got an interview.  Just stay positive and best of luck to you!

You're from Tech? You're doomed. Doomed, I tell ya. :)  Wreck 'Em....

My undergrad was from Tech and I believe there are a couple of others in the program that went there as well. Good luck.

Hi everyone :) Received the same email as everyone else and still waiting for an invite. I know someone mentioned interview dates would be Oct 26, Nov 23, & December 14, so good luck to those who will be interviewing this week!

The wait is tough! It seems like everyone else in this forum and others have huge amounts of direct patient contact experience, unlike me :/ My overall GPA is higher than their average matricuant GPA, while my science GPA is also a shade above a 3.0. Retook classes to get the prereqs so postbac was 4.0. I have a BS in biology and MS in medical sciences. Basically, I've been in school this whole time so no job experience! I'm hoping I can at least make the cut for the December interview... anyone else similar?? 

If they only have three interview dates then how many people will be at each interview? I can't imagine there being more that 30 people or so per interview...Does anyone know roughly how many people are expected to get an interview offer? I'm just curious to know the odds of getting in once you've been granted an interview.

The email they sent out said:

Total CASPA applications:                1318.

Total completed applications:            963.

Number to be interviewed:                132

If the dates mentioned are right, then it'll be 44 people interviewed each time. Things could change if people choose other schools...?

Your right, I almost forgot about that email. Well I do have an interview on Saturday and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. :/ For people who haven't heard back yet, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I just recieved my invite a couple weeks ago so it's likely that they'll wait closer to each interview date to inform anyone on a possible interview.

For those who have gotten an interview or an acceptance letter, can you please share some of your basic stats? I hope that isn't asking for too much. I think it would be much appreciated and helpful for those who are still waiting!

Interview date and/or acceptance status:

GPA and GRE:

Clinical Exp/Volunteer hrs?

Anything else that would be help further consolidate our info would be great. 

Thanks again,  

No problem,

Although my GPA is a 3.8, I only had a few hundred hours of paid health care experience when I applied. I did have some volunteer hours but nothing really extensive. Also, since they don't require a GRE score, it wasn't a factor in their decision. I think, they look at the applicant holistically which is always a good thing. However, if you do have an area of your application that seems weak, it's probably important that your able to make it up in other areas of your application such as a strong personal statement and great LORs.

Any comments on the interview this past weekend?  Was it intense or laid back?  Did they give you the essay question before the interview date, or was it given at the interview?  Sorry for all the questions, I'm just excited/ nervous.  Thanks! 

@daguru77, I don't mind sharing...

Interview date: 11/23

GPA: 3.22 (overall) and 3.13 (science)

GRE: I didn't take it

HCE: 4400 hrs, 1040 of those hours are PCE

Volunteer and Shadowing hours: 265 hours

I also have a very extensive research background with a few publications.  As you can see, I don't have the best GPA so I've worked hard to shine in other areas.  I agree with nicole1228 that the personal statement and LOR are really important.  I feel confident that I was strong in these areas as well.  Hope this helps!

Can't really prepare for the interview. Just be yourself! As cliche as that sounds its true. All the first year students were really nice and answered any questions we had. We went on a tour of the facilities so wear comfortable shoes ( I have blisters). The essay prompt is given to you the day of the interveiw. I was done by 2:30 but it depends on what group you are in on how late you stay.

Alright so I had the interview this Saturday. The first hour of the day they talk to you about the program and give you an overview of the schedule for the day. They then split you up into 3 groups based on an assigned number. Each of the groups rotate between an essay, the interviews, and a question and answer session. I also got a school tour sometime in between these rotations. And of course they provide lunch.

I wouldn't say the interviews were "laid back" but everyone was very friendly which puts you at ease. All you can do is be yourself. They selected you for an interview so they must have seen something special in you.

The hard part is that no one will be hearing of whether or not they got accepted, waitlisted, or rejected until close to Christmas. So ill just have to wait patiently.

Archived