2013-2014 App Cycle

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did they tell y'all when you would hear a decision?

Not really. In one of the Q&A portions of my interview day (on Feb 8th), one of the faculty there said a meeting was to be set in two weeks so they could start sorting applicants. So maybe around the week of the 24th they'll start picking, but I never heard specifics on how long it would take them to narrow it down or when they'd notify anyone.

Some of the students from the 2013 app period said they were notified on/around April 1st, but in that cycle there were a ton more interviews granted (from what I was told anyways). I'm figuring on no later than April 1, just to be safe. And trying to not think about it in the meantime. *stressed*

I interviewed in the first group in January. There were 61 people in our group. At the end during the survey, we were told we would all know at the end of February. From what I understood they wanted to wrap things up earlier this year. I hope they do a third interview. Good luck to everyone who interviewed and for those still waiting to hear.

I interviewed in the first group in January. There were 61 people in our group. At the end during the survey, we were told we would all know at the end of February. From what I understood they wanted to wrap things up earlier this year. I hope they do a third interview. Good luck to everyone who interviewed and for those still waiting to hear.

Good to know--and good luck to everyone! :)

Just received my rejection letter. 

Dear ___________,

Thank you for your interest in the Graduate School at The University of Texas-Pan American. Unfortunately, you were not granted admission to the Masters in Physician Assistant Studies program for the Fall 2014 semester. The final decision was made by the program. If you need additional information regarding the decision, please contact the program at pad@utpa.edu.

For your convenience, our office is open Monday-Thursday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance as we wish to assist you in any way possible.

Sincerely,

Carlos A. Rios
Graduate Admissions Officer
Office of Graduate Studies 

A little after turned in my CASPA/embark applications, I got an email telling me I was missing a prerequisite. It was actually an error and I emailed and got it worked out, but I'm pretty sure they would have let you know if they didn't accept one of your prerequisite courses/credits.

I haven't emailed them even though I haven't heard anything yet. I'm giving it until March 1 before I start making any calls or emails.

Archived