2013-2014 App Cycle

Hi everyone,

I received my interview invite also (I'm very ecstatic; can't wait!!!!) on January 16th and I'm having my interview on January 25th from 8a-5p also. I would like to know if anyone knows of any safe, close-by hotels that someone can stay in for the interview. Thanks, good luck and congrats to everyone for making it thus far!!! 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very surprised I didn't hear anything thus far from UTPA  - I thought they would definitely give me a chance considering their interviews are held a lot later than most Texas school - by now most people in Texas decided where they may attend and kinda narrows down the people who are still interested. Still waiting for an invite hopefully - if not - oh well - better luck next time

Hey guys, how are you?  In the same boat.  Been a Texan for over 20 years, know medical spanish with tons of community & volunteer experience.

It certainly is hard to feel your dreams are not materializing the way you planned.  Lets remain hopeful....and keep fighting for those dreams. 

As hard as it is to say, if not this year.....then next year.  

Hello everyone

I am new to forums but after 6 years of trying to achieve a mere interview, I did receive an email last week about an interview on feb 8.

I am about to write more than I should but I know the feeling of WAITING or REJECTED so below you can compare your life and edu to mine if it helps you to know where you stand:

GPA: to me an average but near 3.2-3.4

Degrees: BS in Pre-Med Biology, AA in SURGICAL TECH

Medical Exp:  nearly more hours in almost every field and PT, OT, AA, NURSING, DENTAL and chiropractic.  AS A SURGICAL TECH, assisted in 250-300 surgical cases (logged).

Language: ENGLISH, HINDI, GUJARATI, PUNJABI (minute comprehension), currently learning Spanish and sign language and also learning how to code syntax, HTML, and C language

My Life: racially profiled, bullied, seen twenty some different people die in my life time (12 of them from political riots in India), grew up in poverty, have stolen food due to starvation and grew up without a father until the age of 12, I have almost died from malaria, accidentally have burned (3rd degree) a man's hand, broken my legs 7 times, broken my hand 3 times, know somewhat of an Ayurvedic medicine, have been rejected many times from PA programs from different schools, started a company in 2010 to 2013 accumulated $94,000 a year income (W2 proof), working hours in a week of 60+ (Currently working and it's 12:30 am) bc managing a hospitality and more

Goals:  to become a PA or similar field in medicine to help others and more

IF REJECTED:  1.) it was a F****** privilege to even stand in front of great minds during the interview 2.) I would leave smiling knowing at the least I had tried looking back in the future  3.) start plan B, C, and D

PLAN B:  we are humans and are like sponge, we can learn anything if we put our mind (interest) into what ever we want.  So pursue PA, NP, OT, PT, or AA.

Sorry if I was preachy and not trying to show off but I remember many times in past years I asked myself, "what is it that got others an interview and not me?" so I wrote this.  I HOPE THIS HELPS!

to those other than me who received an interview:  GOOD LUCK and BE YOURSELF

SAM

Hey guys,

I am from Ohio no were near Texas, and from what I have read on this forum it looks like this college gives more importance to someone who is from Texas? correct me if I am wrong.. I seems really weird for me for a school to go that or give importance to someone who knows Spanish or not kind of thing.. 

I still have not received word about being rejected or accepted for an interview.

I emailed on Wednesday last week and nothing... 

Trying to stay positive, but I didn't get any other interviews, so it is all up to UTPA and it seems a little late to get an invite by now.

Good luck to everyone else though!

I still have not received word about being rejected or accepted for an interview.

I emailed on Wednesday last week and nothing... 

Trying to stay positive, but I didn't get any other interviews, so it is all up to UTPA and it seems a little late to get an invite by now.

Good luck to everyone else though!

Haven't heard anything either. 

Archived