Having trouble narrowing down direct PA programs

Each of the following programs are 5 year direct physician assistant programs, and as you can see it is a pretty extensive list. So I'm having trouble narrowing down my list to about 5-7 choices, and i would like any useful input about which programs are the best, and which ones i should keep on my list. I will be truly grateful if you could elaborate upon your choices. Thanks in advance.

University of Pittsburgh

Marquette University

D'Youville

DeSales

Rochester Institute of Technology

Drexel

Wagner

Seton Hill

University of Iowa

Marywood

Butler

duquesne

le moyne

university of new england

Have you narrowed this list at all? I would start by narrowing it to locations where you could see yourself living for five years-- with two year programs it is a bit easier to worry less about location but this is your undergrad too! You have to be comfortable. I would be equally concerned with the admissions process at All of the schools. Is it direct admit as a freshman or do you have to apply again before the professional phase starts. Then you have to be concerned about Pance rates, cost, size of the class. Spend the time to make a spreadsheet then make a new thread if you can't choose between two or three different schools.

Yes this list is narrowed somewhat. I could see myself living at all of these locations, I basically have no general preference, like wise all the admissions process for each programs doesn't concern me either. All the PANCE rates are generally high, costs don't concern me because i can get a good amount of money from all of the colleges I listed, and most of the schools have a class size range that suits me. I' am mostly concerned with which of the programs are the most reputable and which college insignia on my sweater or transcript will allow me to find a job in shortest amount of time after I graduate from the program.

Thank you for your input Andreasmo!

You may want to double check Univ of Pittsburgh...it has not been a 5 year direct entry in the past. However, Kings University (in PA) was left off this list. And I'm not 100% certain, but I think University of the Sciences in Philadelphia also has a 5 year direct too.

I have double checked, tripled checked, and maybe even quadrupled checked each program on the list. University of Pittsburgh does have a 5 year direct entry program (http://www.oafa.pitt.edu/guarantee.aspx), and i purposefully left out King's University in PA because i have no interest of going to school there. The University of the Science in Philadelphia i think also has one, but i have no interest in going to that school either. University of Iowa does have as 5 year direct option too (http://admissions.uiowa.edu//academics/physician-assistant-preprofessional-program). Also for the scholarships, its not the programs that provide the scholarships, but the schools that have those programs. For example, if i apply to D'Youville, i first have to be accepted into the school, and then into the direct program. By being admitted to just the school, i have the possibility of gaining scholarships, which i can apply to whatever educational path i take at that school, whether it be the PA program or something else.

D'youville is actually a 4 1/2 year program (even better)! As a current student, I would highly recommend it. Do not think it will be easy though. You cram 6 years of coursework into 4 1/2 and don't get any summers off. Best part of the school is the Gross Anatomy in year two. Great cadaver lab. Very good professors. They aren't easy on you, but are realistic and always around for questions. You end up knowing almost every student and professor on campus. Very small school, but also excellent academically. They have a great reputation in W. New York and all grads find jobs before graduating! MSG me with other questions if you have them. Good luck!

from your list I can give you input on a few programs:

Rochester Institute of Technology: solid program, nice town to live in.

Drexel: great program(my alma mater) but you really need to like philly if you want to spend 5 yrs there. I loved the program and hated philly.

University of Iowa: solid program. I have friends who went there.

university of new england : good program, beautiful area.

Most people according to my advisor apply sometime in the summer after the junior year when most of the pre reqs are completed, is this what you meant by 5 year direct admittance? If so then most schools are "5 year direct admittance", maybe I'm not understanding your question? Iowa has a great PA program though, ranked 2nd in the nation I believe and the students I know in the program now really like it not to mention there are multiple hospitals in close walking distance from the school.

Most people according to my advisor apply sometime in the summer after the junior year when most of the pre reqs are completed, is this what you meant by 5 year direct admittance? If so then most schools are "5 year direct admittance", maybe I'm not understanding your question? Iowa has a great PA program though, ranked 2nd in the nation I believe and the students I know in the program now really like it not to mention there are multiple hospitals in close walking distance from the school.

Do those people who apply in the summer after their junior year, start professional/grad work in their senior, so they finish overall in 5 years? By direct admittance, i actually mean direct admittance, except maybe in a school or two which i don't mind applying again junior year and starting grad work senior. Thank you for answering my questions grcia.

Do those people who apply in the summer after their junior year, start professional/grad work in their senior, so they finish overall in 5 years? By direct admittance, i actually mean direct admittance, except maybe in a school or two which i don't mind applying again junior year and starting grad work senior. Thank you for answering my questions grcia.

Archived