Any schools accept transfers from Medical school students

Someone who got into med school can very most likely, not always, get into PA school. The average GPA for both science and cumulative is 3.4. Not to mention the OP is in good standing and apparently has faculty support.

Still think its a terrible idea and PA school is competitive, but if she applies broadly (I think this is key since some will have stigma against a med student) I have no doubt she can get in, likely on the first try. Let's be honest here and not make it seem like someone who is med school isn't at least competitive for PA school. The op is some slacker looking to out minimum effort, just lots of effort for less time.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone who got into med school can very most likely, not always, get into PA school. The average GPA for both science and cumulative is 3.4. Not to mention the OP is in good standing and apparently has faculty support.

Still think its a terrible idea and PA school is competitive, but if she applies broadly (I think this is key since some will have stigma against a med student) I have no doubt she can get in, likely on the first try. Let's be honest here and not make it seem like someone who is med school isn't at least competitive for PA school. The op is some slacker looking to out minimum effort, just lots of effort for less time.

. Let's be honest here and not make it seem like someone who is med school isn't at least competitive for PA school. The op is some slacker looking to out minimum effort, just lots of effort for less time.

a typical medstudent could get into A pa program. that doesn't mean they could get into a GOOD pa program.....some places will take folks with no hce and a 2.75 gpa. these are not places I would want to go....

. Let's be honest here and not make it seem like someone who is med school isn't at least competitive for PA school. The op is some slacker looking to out minimum effort, just lots of effort for less time.

a typical medstudent could get into A pa program. that doesn't mean they could get into a GOOD pa program.....some places will take folks with no hce and a 2.75 gpa. these are not places I would want to go....

Agreed. Never said anything about chances at a good program, but people were talking about third tries and possible never and how super competitive it is. It is competitive, but a med student in good standing has already shown aptitude and could get in at least one place if applying broadly. Good will be much more difficult, but depending on her narrative on why she is doing this, it is possible. I consider UCDavis a good program and there is video evidence of this happening at least once and not too long ago.

Again, don't anyone confuse my affection for facts condoning the action. Still think it unwise.

Agreed. Never said anything about chances at a good program, but people were talking about third tries and possible never and how super competitive it is. It is competitive, but a med student in good standing has already shown aptitude and could get in at least one place if applying broadly. Good will be much more difficult, but depending on her narrative on why she is doing this, it is possible. I consider UCDavis a good program and there is video evidence of this happening at least once and not too long ago.

Again, don't anyone confuse my affection for facts condoning the action. Still think it unwise.

Archived