Does anyone know anything about BU's new program? I saw that you could send your CASPA application to them but they were still waiting accreditation.I've looked online and cannot find a single thing about the program (start dates, class size, pre-reqs, etc.)

The clinical coordinator is a good friend of mine. I know he has been successful in finding multiple new clinical rotation sites for this program. BU has a long history of educating clinicians( my dad went to medschool there in fact) and has the resources to get up to speed quickly. I expect this will be a very solid program.

• Upvote 2

I received a completion e-mail on July 26th after submitting CASPA on June 18th. The e-mail stated "We will extend interview offers to select candidates by mid-October and are planning to interview individuals mid-November." Hope that helps!

I received a phone call from the program director, Mary Warner, yesterday about submitting a professor letter of recommendation (in addition to the three I originally sent through CASPA from a clinician, physician and PA.) Apparently they're not making exceptions on this, even if you've been in the work force for 3+ years.

Has anyone received an interview request at this point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I'm wondering if they'll keep sending out interview invitations daily until October 25th (the date specified in their email to applicants)... you know, sort of in a piecemeal way. I sent an email to admissions asking just that and haven't received a response in a couple of days. We shall see.

I was verified in late August, so I suppose I have time - it's all about the waiting game these days. Not fun.

I didn't receive an interview invite within their specified timeline. And I've got to say, I'm a little surprised. My stats were solid, and I felt as if I put my best foot forward with the personal narrative. Pretty bummed.

Best of luck to those headed for the next stage.

Hi all,

I just got word that the office is still finalizing their plans for interviews.  

Hope that helps ease some anxiety!

fingers crossed!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Perdikos
      Hello. As of today I have only applied to one PA school program (Rutgers) but unfortunately I got denied. I decided not to apply to any other schools this cycle as I have not started my senior year yet and am missing some of the prerequisite courses for many programs. I am currently working as a Medical Scribe and have been doing this for about one year now with about 750 hours. I also volunteered at a food pantry but only completed about 50 hours doing so. My science GPA is 3.32 and my cumulative GPA of 3.62.  I am planning to complete my senior year and continue working to build up more hours and reapply next cycle with a stronger application but I am worried that my experience as a scribe may not be enough. Do you think I should search for something else to do other than scribing to expand my resume?  I won’t have much time to do so during the school year as I will be busy with school work and working about twice a week so I might have to quit my current job if I do so. I am scribing a PA in family medicine and am scared to leave as I feel this is a very good experience and what I want to do in the future. 
    • By ac2888
      I am currently an undergraduate and I am looking to apply next cycle 2020-2021. I have a list of schools I want to apply to that have pretty late application dates so I could get in as many health care hours as possible before application. I am planning to have ~1000 hours by application and ~2000 prior to matriculation. My GPA and GRE are very high. I have volunteer, leadership, shadowing, and research experience. My question is for schools that do not have a 1000+ hour requirement would it be more beneficial to apply a few months earlier or to wait until I hit the 1000 hour benchmark. Will it make much of a difference? Is it better to apply early because of rolling decisions or try to get as many hours before application?
    • By ftpa18
      Does Dental Assisting count towards the Health Care Experience hours for PA schools? 
    • By StevenAloe
      Hey everyone I just have a question about health care experience and which is best when applying to PA school. I go to Miami Dade College here in south florida, any PA's from my school that graduated will help. I am in my 2nd year of earning my bachelors in Health science with an option of physician assistant studies. I have two options which I feel I like and they Phlebotomist, and caregiver. Now I am not sure if caregiver is accepted for PA schools but I found it on the "inside pa training" website. I like caregiver because my family actually owns a nursing home and it would be great if I can get hours right at my house but I am not sure if that is also accepted for PA schools (getting hours at a family owned business I mean). I would have too check with them first but if they do agree that it is fine would being a caregiver be the best option for me? I was considering EMT but I do think the job is a little too managing for me at the moment.

I also found CNA which is also something I could do in a nursing home.
    • By rfinch
      Hey everyone,
      The first half of the interview cycle for 2017-2018 is winding down, and I'm wondering how I can make myself a more competitive applicant during the next CASPA cycle on the off chance that I don't get accepted anywhere this year. I've already met the pre-reqs for my schools of interest, but I'm not sure whether or not I should continue to take additional upper division science courses or simply focus on acquiring more HCE and volunteer experience.
      Currently, I have  3.98 GPA, a 4.0 science GPA, an MA in Cultural Anthropology, 600+ volunteer hours (many of which were overseas), and approximately 2300 HCE hours as an EMT. I've been waitlisted at 1 school and have yet to receive any additional interviews (most likely due to the fact that I didn't submit my apps until the end of August/mid-September).
      During the next semester, I could enroll in O Chem II and Developmental Psych while working 36-48 hours per week and volunteering occasionally, however, this course of action would require that I take out additional student loans. On the other hand, I could simply acquire more HCE hours and volunteer at free clinics in my area. Any thoughts on which course of action would look better to PA school adcoms?
      Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More