So.....who's planning to apply for Summer 2014 admission?

There were like 7 in my group. We had 3 "speed dating" 10 min interviews and then a group introduction/question. They said that it was the first time they had done that though and that they sometimes conducted the interviews differently for different interview groups.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received my acceptance letter November 14. I will give you an update on the process. I received an email September 20th requesting an interview for the date of September 30th. When I arrived for my interview, they handed me a packet with my information, the itinerary, and an essay question. They give you all day to complete the essay. The interviews were spaced throughout the day, so you could be in the morning or afternoon. I didn't know my interview time until I arrived. My email stated 10 am, the itinerary read 2:00 pm, but I didn't interview until roughly 3:00. Around noon, a tour of the school was given followed by a powerpoint presentation that you watched while eating lunch. Btw.. The choices for lunch were Chick fil A or a roadside hot dog/hamburger cart. They are doing construction on the Student Center, that's why your options are limited. (I'm saying this in case you want to bring a lunch.) After lunch they had a group interview. It wasn't awful, but far from what I expected. You begin by drawing a question from a cup and answering it in front of the other applicants and a large number of the faculty. The questions are based on scenarios that could happen in the healthcare field. The faculty may ask you more questions about the scenario for elaboration, or ask you about your previous healthcare/school experiences.  After this you can leave if you were a morning interview, finish your essay, or wait for your afternoon interview.The private interview was not intimidating at all. My interviewers were very nice and the questions were nothing unusual. I really enjoyed it. The most intimidating part for me was the group interview. If you get an interview, just have fun with it and meet as many people as you can.

That's it! Good wishes to all applying! 

I received my acceptance letter November 28th and interviewed October 28th. For those of you accepted, do you receive any more information once you accept the position and send in the deposit? I'm curious about the exact start date. Congratulation to all those accepted!

I assumed they received my acceptance letter and deposit by having access to my JagID. The page below will give you the links and information to access your JagID and your GRU email. My name and ID did not show up until a week or so after I mailed in my acceptance letter and payment. I would like to know if some gets an email or hears any other form of confirmation. Thanks!

So I am really starting to freak out.. All my stuff was in and read complete by 14October, yes I know very close but still by deadline. I haven't received anything by mail or email really since then. My status says "ready for review", and I haven't received a transcript review or anything like that. I called today and admissions said that that they are still conducting interviews but jeez I hope I hear SOMETHING soon. Good luck everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I submitted all my materials prior to the deadline, except one of my letters of recommendation was missing. After receiving the course evaluation, I called the school and they informed me that the deadline had been extended. After that I informed my final reference to go ahead and submit the reference and she did. My application was then marked as complete/ready for review. I have not heard anything from the school so today I called and spoke with someone from the PA school who informed me that my application wasn't complete by the deadline and that was the reason I hadn't heard back. So either I was misinformed or it wasn't common knowledge that the deadline was extended.

Was anyone else told their deadline had been extended???

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I have spoke to the school several times about my application because I have yet to hear anything regarding a decision yet. I was never told anything about a deadline extension but have been told several times my application was in the "next batch" and should hear something within a week. I have not heard anything to this day. Has anyone else spoken with the school regarding interviews? 

I hate to bring bad news, but I received a call and was told I was being offered the last spot in the program. I'm not sure what this means in terms of interviewing/the waitlist. Does anyone knows if there's a facebook group made? I know it's already kind of late and I'd like to room with other PA students. 

Archived