So.....who's planning to apply for Summer 2014 admission?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, I just started the program this summer, just thought I'd shed a little light on how our interview process went. Interviews should start by the beginning of October. Some people found out about acceptance by phone call within a couple days, but most heard back after a couple weeks. However, they won't fill all the spots until probably late January, so don't get discouraged. I initially got wait-listed and then was given one of the last couple spots at the end of January. They usually end up pulling at least 5-10 people off the wait list because the tuition deposit is so low.

In-state tuition and fees are currently running around 7k a semester, which is definitely one of the least expensive you'll find. The program has been really good so far, although there have been some bumps in the road with financial aid, etc because of the school's name change/consolidation, but that should all be resolved before you guys start.

Good luck, I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

My application is in and I'm just waiting for the transcript evaluation to go through (which I was told should be this week). I keep hearing word that people aren't going to be contacted until after the October deadline but why is that? The wait is TERRIBLE. Did anyone else take the new GRE? @jwalk1979 - My boyfriend is in the OT program and said the summer A&P class was brutal. Glad you made it out alive :)

GRU doesn't give you very much notice before the interview. Even though you may not find out about an interview until late September, you'll only have about a week or so before you interview and could feasibly be accepted within a couple weeks of that. But the waiting is definitely the worst part of the whole process.

Hey guys, I just started the program this summer, just thought I'd shed a little light on how our interview process went. Interviews should start by the beginning of October. Some people found out about acceptance by phone call within a couple days, but most heard back after a couple weeks. However, they won't fill all the spots until probably late January, so don't get discouraged. I initially got wait-listed and then was given one of the last couple spots at the end of January. They usually end up pulling at least 5-10 people off the wait list because the tuition deposit is so low.

In-state tuition and fees are currently running around 7k a semester, which is definitely one of the least expensive you'll find. The program has been really good so far, although there have been some bumps in the road with financial aid, etc because of the school's name change/consolidation, but that should all be resolved before you guys start.

Good luck, I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

I interviewed last October with MCG and got placed on the alternate list. Do you happen to have any insight as to the success of a re-applicant (odds of getting asked to interview again, specifics to focus on in the personal statement etc.) I did contact the admissions committee and ask what I could do to make myself more competitive. They said to get more shadowing hours and try to bring up my GPA...so I did both! Anything you know would be a huge help as this is my first choice as well...of course!

Thanks so much!

Does anyone know if GRU does rolling admissions?

I've looked back through old cycles to see how everyone else's progress went and it seems that everyone finds out at different times, depending on how early you interview. It might be different this year with the merger

jmsheppard, I've talked to a few people in the past who have said they got wait listed and then got right in the next year, but it really just depends on how high up the waiting list you were and how much your application has changed. I talked to a couple of faculty and they said just to make sure that you've taken the advice they gave you as far as strengthening your application. Of course, admissions folks are always really vague about how likely it is you'll get in on the second try, because they don't want anyone to misconstrue what they say.

The admissions process should still be rolling. The faculty hasn't really changed with the consolidation, and our admissions director for the program is the same.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived