Group Health Invites Us to JOIN THEM!!!!

• 5 months later...

Old thread. Group health eventually screwed mike once again, caused him great heartache and financial stress.. Essentially an unethical, dishonest and totally corrupt company.

If given the chance, as a group, we should avoid doing any business with this company, and use their treatment of mike as the reason.

Further, this situation illustrates that insurers' treatment of us and docs in general, the ACA act in particular ( especially with the payment / procedures advisory and review board - although strongly supported by one of the more vocal administrative PAs in this forum- ) will worsen...

The Obama care response to higher costs is to decrease care and decrease provider salaries...

Mike is thinking about selling the practice. We should take a moment, review his mufti year battles with the state, the legislature, the billing companies and especially the insurers.. And honor him for the trails he blazed.

Lesser men would have quit long ago..

That was kind of you folks.

It has been a long and hard course.  I find myself at these crossroads (in the middle of negotiations about a sell).  It has been a wonderful week in the practice.  Money coming in again, after a long hard drought (where we changed software and the insurance companies didn't pay us for 4 months and where GH contracted with us but then refused to allow their patients to see us).  I've great patients this week.  It makes me want to hang on to the practice. But when the storms come, and I'm sure more will come, I hastily grow tired of this.  The most recent one is the attempts by a malpractice lawyer to ban all PA-owned businesses in the state.  If it is not one thing it is another.

Archived