UF class of 2016 Applicants

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

How strict is UF on their direct hands on experience? I have a strong application and good GPA, but only have about a hundred and fifty hours of clerical experience in a medical setting. Is it worth it for me to apply? Has anyone gotten in with less than they require?

How strict is UF on their direct hands on experience? I have a strong application and good GPA, but only have about a hundred and fifty hours of clerical experience in a medical setting. Is it worth it for me to apply? Has anyone gotten in with less than they require?

I've never been on an AdCom, but UF's applicant pool is highly competitive. So I think it's less a function of UF and more who you are competing against. You can apply, but I fear it would be a waste of money. 1 year of direct patient care experience and you would have a much better shot. There is no magic job either, the backgrounds vary immensely, it's more about what you do.

UF wants people with hands on experience and I highly recommend that you find a way to get it. It makes a huge difference when your feet are on the ground and you are asked to digest the massive amount of information at an incredibly fast pace that is PA school.

While we all wait... Where is everyone from and what to do they like to in their free time?

Im from CT and I like to play golf and go to the gym

Hi! I'm from Miami and I also like to work out..love going to the beach also. I went to UF for undergrad..definitely miss it!

Woot, got an interview at UF scheduled for Sept. 16 and 17. They contacted me by phone, no email at all, so make sure your voicemail is set up and you keep a weather eye on your telephone. Good luck all!

congrats! when was your caspa mailed? i'm starting to regret procrastinating haha

Archived