UF class of 2016 Applicants

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woodsters- Yeah, I have not met other schools pre-req, such as organic chem, bio (Nova), and Genetics (nova Jacks). I have to take 12 more classes in 3 semesters along with working rescue full time at 56 hours a week.

Jc2012- good luck to you as well, what all schools are you applying to? Are you from north central florida?

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be applying to UF as well, I've completed some of my application but was waiting to get my final grades for this semester's pre-reqs. Hopefully I'll have everything submitted by June/July. I've been planning this for so many years and I can't believe it is actually time to make it happen. I'm so excited!

I'll be applying to UF as well, I've completed some of my application but was waiting to get my final grades for this semester's pre-reqs. Hopefully I'll have everything submitted by June/July. I've been planning this for so many years and I can't believe it is actually time to make it happen. I'm so excited!

• 2 weeks later...

@Paramedic - you have definitely entered the "wait" part of hurry up and wait! CASPA usually mails out the first round of packets to the schools by the middle of June. UF's first interview is usually the last Monday of August. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long! Keep us posted on your journey!

For my letters of rec I have a physician, PA, and the assistant nurse manager all from the unit I work at since I have been out of school for a little now so I couldn't get a professor. Those I work with can at least speak for my drive, work ethic, etc.

You early birds have the right idea and your letters of rec sound spot on. What I've told all my friends is to apply early and be sure to read all the UF application instructions. There are some very easy steps that will cause some issues if you skip them.

As Woodsters says, the waiting is the toughest part. Focus on the studies and you'll get a phone call when you least expect it.

Good Luck!

Checko

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last year they sent one email to indicate they received the CASPA app, the supplemental, and your GRE scores, and that your application had been forwarded to the admissions committee for review. Unfortunately, I never received emails confirming that separate parts where received.

It was sent from an email at webadmit.org, which seems to be a service used by a few PA schools, so you might want to make sure that emails from that domain don't end up in your junkmail folder.

Woodster's advice is good, they are quite friendly in the office and do respond to emails.

Every thing is complete, caspa shows that gre scores are received and mailed, caspa app is complete, and my suppl app is complete. I will give it another couple of weeks until I start emailing the program, I would hate to bother. Thank y'all for being so helpful and positive.

Archived