exams in PA school

What are some of the typical exam styles for PA school? For instance, essay, fill in the blank, true/false,

multiple choice. Are there any resources that anyone could suggest that would help a soon to be PA student?

Would anyone recommend doing old A and P exams for review? Thanks again

What are some of the typical exam styles for PA school? For instance, essay, fill in the blank, true/false,

multiple choice. Are there any resources that anyone could suggest that would help a soon to be PA student?

Are there any resources that anyone could suggest that would help a soon to be PA student?

Go get drunk, travel, relax, etc.

Don't bother. Spend your time enjoying yourself. You'll have plenty of time to review exam material once you start.

Are there any resources that anyone could suggest that would help a soon to be PA student?

Go get drunk, travel, relax, etc.

Don't bother. Spend your time enjoying yourself. You'll have plenty of time to review exam material once you start.

Multiple choice mostly. Most of them are case-based, so very few direct recall questions. Some classes have few short-answer questions in the back of exams. An oral exam on a "high-yield topic" and "physical exam" exam every quarter.

As for resources - your notes! There are a LOT of medicine books out there you can buy but buying it before PA school is pretty useless. You will get the feel for what kinds of books would be the most helpful once you actually start your classes. For A&P don't bother doing anything from undergrad. The most I would do is make sure I have a good understanding of the nervous system, but I feel like it is rarely taught in enough details in undergrad, so I would just chill and enjoy the free time. You WILL be thankful for it later! Once you start school, I highly recommend Netter's Anatomy Flashcards.

Multiple choice mostly. Most of them are case-based, so very few direct recall questions. Some classes have few short-answer questions in the back of exams. An oral exam on a "high-yield topic" and "physical exam" exam every quarter.

As for resources - your notes! There are a LOT of medicine books out there you can buy but buying it before PA school is pretty useless. You will get the feel for what kinds of books would be the most helpful once you actually start your classes. For A&P don't bother doing anything from undergrad. The most I would do is make sure I have a good understanding of the nervous system, but I feel like it is rarely taught in enough details in undergrad, so I would just chill and enjoy the free time. You WILL be thankful for it later! Once you start school, I highly recommend Netter's Anatomy Flashcards.

EMEDPA: In your opinion what is the methodology (tricks) for answering K-Types?

to review a k-type methodology:

Which of these agents demonstrates beta-adrenergic receptor selectivity?

I) Propranolol

II) Metoprolol

III) Atenolol

A) I only

B) II only

C) I and II

D) II and III

E) I, II, and III

the only study help...know the material cold....

EMEDPA: In your opinion what is the methodology (tricks) for answering K-Types?

I) Propranolol

II) Metoprolol

III) Atenolol

A) I only

B) II only

C) I and II

D) II and III

E) I, II, and III

We had mostly multiple choice, but in anatomy we had lots of fill-in the blanks. We also had some essay questions here and there.

There are only so many ways to write tests; don't get all wrapped up about stuff before you get there! Take a deep breath. The bigger issue is to learn. You may find that that requires different techniques in different classes.

Here's what PA school was like for me: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1479372099/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk

We had mostly multiple choice, but in anatomy we had lots of fill-in the blanks. We also had some essay questions here and there.

There are only so many ways to write tests; don't get all wrapped up about stuff before you get there! Take a deep breath. The bigger issue is to learn. You may find that that requires different techniques in different classes.

Here's what PA school was like for me: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1479372099/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk

I) Propranolol

II) Metoprolol

III) Atenolol

A) I only

B) II only

C) I and II

D) II and III

E) I, II, and III

We don't have those anymore :)

I) Propranolol

II) Metoprolol

III) Atenolol

A) I only

B) II only

C) I and II

D) II and III

E) I, II, and III

We don't have those anymore :)

Reviewing A&P would be my only suggestion. Stuff you SHOULD already know before coming in but forgot. Autonomic nervous system is huge... having a general idea on that would be helpful. Basics about the blood, bones etc. Don't go crazy, you will be taught everything and will review anything that you should of known. Relax, seriously, everyone says it for a reason.

I) Propranolol

II) Metoprolol

III) Atenolol

A) I only

B) II only

C) I and II

D) II and III

E) I, II, and III

Our pharmacology tests are almost all like this

I) Propranolol

II) Metoprolol

III) Atenolol

A) I only

B) II only

C) I and II

D) II and III

E) I, II, and III

I) Propranolol

II) Metoprolol

III) Atenolol

A) I only

B) II only

C) I and II

D) II and III

E) I, II, and III

Archived