Intubations

Hi

I was wondering how many of you out there perform intubations. I work in a place with 24hr anestheisia coverage, so currently we only intubate if the anesthesia doc is throwing us a bone and standing at the head of the bed with us.

If you do intubate is it only in true code situations or is it in the semi elective patient who is going to need intubation soon ie thoes who may need RSI?

also has anyone out there taken the airway course it looks like a great course even if you dont freq intubate

Hi

I was wondering how many of you out there perform intubations. I work in a place with 24hr anestheisia coverage, so currently we only intubate if the anesthesia doc is throwing us a bone and standing at the head of the bed with us.

If you do intubate is it only in true code situations or is it in the semi elective patient who is going to need intubation soon ie thoes who may need RSI?

also has anyone out there taken the airway course it looks like a great course even if you dont freq intubate

The Airway Course is a very good program, especially for those without much experience with airway management. It gives you a good basis for assessing the difficult airway, as well as hands on experience with a multitude of airway devices.

I probably can't offer much information on the first part of the question; I'm in the ED rather than the ICU, and several of our PA's intubate regularly.

The Airway Course is a very good program, especially for those without much experience with airway management. It gives you a good basis for assessing the difficult airway, as well as hands on experience with a multitude of airway devices.

I probably can't offer much information on the first part of the question; I'm in the ED rather than the ICU, and several of our PA's intubate regularly.

Both PA's and NP intubate in our unit. We have anesthesia in house 24 hours a day and call them if needed. I would ask to intubate every patient with the anesthesiologist. Worst he/she can say is no. In our institution most anesthesiologists are happy to have us do it and not call them away from the OR or a c-section.

Both PA's and NP intubate in our unit. We have anesthesia in house 24 hours a day and call them if needed. I would ask to intubate every patient with the anesthesiologist. Worst he/she can say is no. In our institution most anesthesiologists are happy to have us do it and not call them away from the OR or a c-section.

• 1 month later...

I didn’t find such difference between the patients who are intubated and those who are not.

I think the supporting use of bag-valve-mask as suitable method of airway management for seriously ill trauma patients in whom intubation cannot be attained rapidly in prehospital conditions.

Archived