I was thinking of submitting my application now with a whole bunch of pending classes ( I graduate this fall)

but currently I have a 4.0 spring semester GPA

should I wait for the spring grades to be turned in and then submit my transcripts?

or should i go ahead and submit it now and hope that I am in the first batch of applicants?

(Submitting everything by May 25 vs. April 30)

Would it be a big difference?

please help.

I was thinking of submitting my application now with a whole bunch of pending classes ( I graduate this fall)

but currently I have a 4.0 spring semester GPA

should I wait for the spring grades to be turned in and then submit my transcripts?

or should i go ahead and submit it now and hope that I am in the first batch of applicants?

(Submitting everything by May 25 vs. April 30)

Would it be a big difference?

please help.

thank you for the reply!

the only reason i worried was because apparently as soon as they're verified schools can look at them online?

even though the first mailing isn't until june schools can STILL view your application online after you have submitted it. keep that in mind.

thank you for the reply!

the only reason i worried was because apparently as soon as they're verified schools can look at them online?

even though the first mailing isn't until june schools can STILL view your application online after you have submitted it. keep that in mind.

There is relevant information missing that would help us answer this. If you have several pre-req pending courses then it is best to wait until you can get at least the last term of them on record. You will be updating the schools that allow you to send them your additional grades later, but some programs will decide based off of CASPA calculations and what you had done when you submitted (usually listed on their website if they require courses done when applying or after a certain date) whether or not they want to see anything else from you. Another part of this is your current GPA. If the 4.0 this term will increase your science or cumulative GPA to a significant number (3.4 up to 3.5, 2.9 to 3.0) then you will want to wait. If you have high GPAs now and the pre-req grades are already in then you can submit early to possibly get reviewed early. You will later update grades in CASPA as you go along so schools will see your new grades but they WILL NOT be calculated by CASPA and your GPA in their records will stay at the GPA they calculate when you first submit. This can in some cases make or break you if you are applying to a school that gets so many apps that they don't review applications below a certain GPA until they have exhausted them, then they move down. I know of a few programs that will send out letters like "We are currently only interviewing applicants with a GPA of 3.8 or greater." Then later it becomes 3.7, etc. until they fill their slots. I personally preferred the programs that fully review all applications from people who meet the pre-reqs rather than take your money and not even read your file, but unfortunately not all do that.

There is relevant information missing that would help us answer this. If you have several pre-req pending courses then it is best to wait until you can get at least the last term of them on record. You will be updating the schools that allow you to send them your additional grades later, but some programs will decide based off of CASPA calculations and what you had done when you submitted (usually listed on their website if they require courses done when applying or after a certain date) whether or not they want to see anything else from you. Another part of this is your current GPA. If the 4.0 this term will increase your science or cumulative GPA to a significant number (3.4 up to 3.5, 2.9 to 3.0) then you will want to wait. If you have high GPAs now and the pre-req grades are already in then you can submit early to possibly get reviewed early. You will later update grades in CASPA as you go along so schools will see your new grades but they WILL NOT be calculated by CASPA and your GPA in their records will stay at the GPA they calculate when you first submit. This can in some cases make or break you if you are applying to a school that gets so many apps that they don't review applications below a certain GPA until they have exhausted them, then they move down. I know of a few programs that will send out letters like "We are currently only interviewing applicants with a GPA of 3.8 or greater." Then later it becomes 3.7, etc. until they fill their slots. I personally preferred the programs that fully review all applications from people who meet the pre-reqs rather than take your money and not even read your file, but unfortunately not all do that.

@sartort

thank you for that extensive explanation. I guess I should say, my current stats are:

3.48 science cumulative

3.37 overall cumulative

I am finished all of my pre-reqs except for A&P II (Which i am taking in the fall), and my pre-req GPA is a 3.8

The only reason I am graduating in the fall is because I have a lot of humanity and "fluff" credit elective that I need to finish up. but for the most part all my core sciences and everything are there. If i wait till the end of this semester, my science GPA will go up to 3.53, and my overall 3.45.

@sartort

thank you for that extensive explanation. I guess I should say, my current stats are:

3.48 science cumulative

3.37 overall cumulative

I am finished all of my pre-reqs except for A&P II (Which i am taking in the fall), and my pre-req GPA is a 3.8

The only reason I am graduating in the fall is because I have a lot of humanity and "fluff" credit elective that I need to finish up. but for the most part all my core sciences and everything are there. If i wait till the end of this semester, my science GPA will go up to 3.53, and my overall 3.45.

Archived