Transplant PA's

There's a PA who is a well respected transplant PA at Stanford's kidney Tx service. He was also our inpatient training coordinator and a fellow PCAPer who also is an Army reservist. He is so well respected that some of the docs ask him for his opinion on certain cases and he teaches the med students and residents. He was our honored guest at graduation. Awesome PA!

Oh he also was our surgical and inpatient internal med professor and was no nonsense and hardcore I was a few minutes late for a lecture and he made me sit outside until the lecture was over. I learned my lesson.

As far as work environment, PAs are utilized like residents or the more senior ones like house staff. I was on the liver tx service and we had a NP and a PA who did all the same work as the fellow. See pts, round, etc.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

There's a PA who is a well respected transplant PA at Stanford's kidney Tx service. He was also our inpatient training coordinator and a fellow PCAPer who also is an Army reservist. He is so well respected that some of the docs ask him for his opinion on certain cases and he teaches the med students and residents. He was our honored guest at graduation. Awesome PA!

Oh he also was our surgical and inpatient internal med professor and was no nonsense and hardcore I was a few minutes late for a lecture and he made me sit outside until the lecture was over. I learned my lesson.

As far as work environment, PAs are utilized like residents or the more senior ones like house staff. I was on the liver tx service and we had a NP and a PA who did all the same work as the fellow. See pts, round, etc.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Sounds awesome Joelseff. I greatly appreciate the input. Thanks for taking the time to reply. You wouldn't also happen to have any insight on being a transplant PA within the VA healthcare system or if anyone else does it would be great to hear. I know they have specified units across the country based on organ but I'd like to know a bit more on that perspective as well. That's all I really know.

Sounds awesome Joelseff. I greatly appreciate the input. Thanks for taking the time to reply. You wouldn't also happen to have any insight on being a transplant PA within the VA healthcare system or if anyone else does it would be great to hear. I know they have specified units across the country based on organ but I'd like to know a bit more on that perspective as well. That's all I really know.

Archived