looking for a good PANRE review program

CME resources is excellent but in class 8-10 hrs/day x 5 days and no DVD option for home study and expensive.

UMDNJ and Emory are really good. Faculty at UMDNJ are great but their nonfaculty lecturers could use some improvement, esp pharmacology. Cardio was especially helpful. Emory was also good but pulm and GI sections could have been better. Pharm and cardio lecturers were really helpful. If you could combine these 2 it would be like CME Resources. Both have their flaws and neither is perfect but they both will help in passing the exam.

Checked out Hippo PA...although they claim to have a 99% pass rate (800 PAs) they have only been around for about a year. I like the idea of having fun while I learn and I checked out the free trial so I know these guys know their stuff and are funny, but I would wait until they have some more time under their belt and read reviews from other PAs.

I like the idea of home study with the DVDs Emory and UMDNJ provide. You at least have the option of reviewing a lecture if necessary and don't need to worry about travelling and getting a hotel, etc. Downside is not being able to ask questions but that is why we have supervising MDs and PA colleagues...

Would like to hear comments from others who have attended these courses...

I'm on the east coast!

im thinking of combining both @ home DVD / online review with

a live course. But only 3 days due to lack of CME $$ & days off.

I want to do live as it forces me vs. procrastinating

i saw that cert. med. has live webinar. I may try that if I still get CME credits.

Any1 done that?

• 1 month later...

Archived