Prestige and Dating outlook of Physician Assistants?

so I'm wondering how nurses/other people see you?

Would love to get your feedbacks :smile:

Nurses and nursing assistants swoon when we pass by, even the female ones, unit secrataries bow before us, ancillary personal want to be with us, doctors want to be us, they bring buckets full of money so heavy that it requires wheelchair assistance. We are the envy of the entire hospital with the exception of paramedics, they're pretty cool already.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so I'm wondering how nurses/other people see you?

Nurses and nursing assistants swoon when we pass by, even the female ones, unit secrataries bow before us, ancillary personal want to be with us, doctors want to be us, they bring buckets full of money so heavy that it requires wheelchair assistance. We are the envy of the entire hospital with the exception of paramedics, they're pretty cool already.

Hi guys!

This might be a very uncommon first question to ask here but I'm very curious to hear some first hand experience and general feedback from PAs on the dating scene/prestige. Do you get a certain increase in respect being a PA vs being a nurse?

My background - I'm currently in the healthcare field working in a private lab as a Medical technologist. I have no first hand experience working in a hospital so we don't have any cute nurses here. One thing I've noticed is it's really hard to meet girls especially working with only a few people in the laboratory. I'm in my mid 20s by the way.

I am really interested in pursuing PA school to be a PA. Of course, the dating/prestige aspect is NOT my main reason but it's a great bonus so I'm wondering how nurses/other people see you?

You don't need a high paying job to get girls. You'll get the same amount of girls as a PA as you would as nothing at all. You might get a few more girls as a doctor, but that definitely doesn't justify going to med school.

Whatever you do, do it for yourself.

Hi guys!

This might be a very uncommon first question to ask here but I'm very curious to hear some first hand experience and general feedback from PAs on the dating scene/prestige. Do you get a certain increase in respect being a PA vs being a nurse?

My background - I'm currently in the healthcare field working in a private lab as a Medical technologist. I have no first hand experience working in a hospital so we don't have any cute nurses here. One thing I've noticed is it's really hard to meet girls especially working with only a few people in the laboratory. I'm in my mid 20s by the way.

I am really interested in pursuing PA school to be a PA. Of course, the dating/prestige aspect is NOT my main reason but it's a great bonus so I'm wondering how nurses/other people see you?

You don't need a high paying job to get girls. You'll get the same amount of girls as a PA as you would as nothing at all. You might get a few more girls as a doctor, but that definitely doesn't justify going to med school.

Whatever you do, do it for yourself.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys!

Even if you don't work around that many females right now, I am sure there are other ways you can meet that "special" someone. However, if you need any title or salary range to get a girl, she is not that "special" someone. Trust me, I'm a ninja.

Hi guys!

PA-S = Panty dropper

/thread

Although I do agree that this is an absurd thread, it is equally absurd that a moderator would be so judgemental.

It must have been nice to go to PA school when they would have accepted anyone.

Actually back in 74-75 PA schools would not accept any one who was not a Prior Military Medic...

even after that the long standing quality healthcare experience requirement is being dialed down and phased out...

I would argue that it is markedly easier to obtain acceptance to a PA program now than it ever has been.

The moderator's signature shows he has been working in emergency medicine for 26 years which led me to believe he attended PA school when there were markedly less applicants than what you see today.

It just seems ironic that a moderator would post derailing comments on two different threads passing judgement on the OP.

• 2 weeks later...

May I use this as my signature and social network profile blurb PLEASE!!!!!!!

• 2 years later...

First off, this would be an inappropriate question to ask in a more professional setting, but an internet forum is a fine place to ask questions you were afraid to ask elsewhere. Some of you need to get off your high horse. There's a lot of variables to consider when considering a career, and social factors are one of them -- many, many individuals switch career paths midlife because the track they were on didn't have the right amount or right kind of contact with other people.

To answer the original question, if you can't get girls outside a work setting, you can't get girls in one, either. If you can get girls outside the work setting, you probably won't want to get girls in the work setting since you have a much safer option that doesn't add drama to your work life. However, I suppose it does statistically increase the odds that you'll get to know someone you really connect with.

Also, consider what happens when, shortly before you graduate PA school, your best friend introduces you to the love of your life and you get married. At that point you're liable to find yourself wanting to work more with dudes you can have complication-free friendships with. Are you still gonna want to spend the next forty years of your life as a PA?

You'll get the same amount of girls as a PA as you would as nothing at all.

Baloney. Women (particularly as they get older) like the comfort and security of a man who has a good salary and there is a mountain of evidence to back that up.

if you need any title or salary range to get a girl, she is not that "special" someone.

Baloney. When it comes to attraction, women can be just as shallow as us guys. If you gave up all ambition and decided you want to flip burgers the rest of your life you'd nix your chances with a lot of special someones in the process. Guys are under pressure to make money just like girls are under pressure to be thin and attractive -- no matter how much you say income or looks shouldn't matter, the fact is, they do.

Baloney. Women (particularly as they get older) like the comfort and security of a man who has a good salary and there is a mountain of evidence to back that up.

It has been three years since I made that comment and I still agree with it.

I don't do any better with women than I did before becoming a PA. And I certainly don't do as well as I did when I was in college (when I had a lot of time to pursue them).

I can't speak to the experience of others, only my own.

I didn't even see the date on the comment. I thought this was a new thread that had blown up.

Anyway, when you are young, income matters less (girls value 'fun' more than 'rich') and ambition and outlook are adequate substitutes for income since you and your peers are not at an age when guys can make a lot of money. An undergrad or PA-S may be poor, but they have income in their future, which is what really matters.

Go out in cheap clothes and tell women you're a career custodian and you'll see the difference.

Archived