Prestige and Dating outlook of Physician Assistants?

Hi guys!

This might be a very uncommon first question to ask here but I'm very curious to hear some first hand experience and general feedback from PAs on the dating scene/prestige. Do you get a certain increase in respect being a PA vs being a nurse?

My background - I'm currently in the healthcare field working in a private lab as a Medical technologist. I have no first hand experience working in a hospital so we don't have any cute nurses here. One thing I've noticed is it's really hard to meet girls especially working with only a few people in the laboratory. I'm in my mid 20s by the way.

I am really interested in pursuing PA school to be a PA. Of course, the dating/prestige aspect is NOT my main reason but it's a great bonus so I'm wondering how nurses/other people see you?

Would love to get your feedbacks :smile:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"what's a PA?

oh, you used to be a paramedic in a big city? tell me ALL about that.....:) "

Oh SNAP! I'm actually starting to find out that not a lot of people know what a Physician Assistant is and as I'm telling some of my friends that I want to become a PA, I almost always need to explain what that is first. :eek:

Use the following pick-up lines and I'll give you a 20% chance of not getting slapped in the face:

My sudden protracted cardiac arrhythmia makes me think I'm falling for you.

My adductor isn't the only thing that's longus.

I wish I was your coronary artery, so that I could be wrapped around your heart.

Is your name Flecainide? Because I think you just made my heart skip a beat.

Are you a pulmonary embolism? 'Cause I can't breathe when I'm around you.

When you walked in the door your beauty hit me so hard that I have a priapism from all the trauma.

Baby, you make me vasodilate!

No that's not an epi-pen in my pants, I'm just happy to see you.

Hey baby, wanna play with my corpus cavernosum?

That pulsation in my femoral sheath isn't coming from an artery.

This post made me giggle out loud! Thanks. Laughter is the best medicine ;-).

I'd venture a guess that most nurses don't go to sleep at night counting PA's or wishing one would sweep them outta their scrubs. However, that comment about paramedics, well......................all the single nurses, all the single nurses......put your hands up! LOL!

(Coming from a nurse, PA student who's been married nearly 20 years......not to a PA)

... starting to find out that not a lot of people know what a Physician Assistant is and as I'm telling some of my friends that I want to become a PA, I almost always need to explain what that is first. eek.gif

This reminds me of my late grandfather's friend who is a proctologist and gynecologist. Guess what his name is?

please see my "money for nothing chicks for free" response to someone asking about why they should become a pa last week....:)

Haha that sounds pretty enticing. "Money for nothing. Chicks for free". I can only dream of a time where girls fantasize about getting it down with PAs. But of course, we need to start having them know what the profession is first :D

OP is either trolling or not ready to be a PA.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Why would I not be ready to be a PA? This is a perfectly legitimate question. Also nice for a change of discussion as what some have mentioned. Surely, this has crossed your mind at some point in time :D

Oh SNAP! I'm actually starting to find out that not a lot of people know what a Physician Assistant is and as I'm telling some of my friends that I want to become a PA, I almost always need to explain what that is first. :eek:

Maybe it's your childish grammar and vernacular

I had been in the Army for 12+ years in 1984! I already had a good woman before I became a PA!

damn you are old. should I yell so you can hear me? .....:)

I met my wife before I became a pa as well. I was an er tech attending college when we met.

Archived