Incentive only pay contract negotiation

I am in dermatology and have been with the practice 8 years. I am cutting to part time but going from salary + incentive to incentive only (no base pay). I see 30 pts a day but will increase. They are offering 23%of collections which seems low. I usually collect around $500k a year working full time. Any suggestions on incentive percentages for incentive only pay?

What is the average dermatology pay for someone with 8 years practice? What they are offering is 115,000 if the position was full time. (based on 500K of collections)

So let's say you were making 175K a year after salary and incentive. That would be 35% of collections. Can you not start there?

I assume they will continue to pay your social security/taxes/coverage insurance, and all that?

I am just a student, so I don't know my butt from my hat and trying to learn...

last article I saw for take home pay

Docs average about 55%

PA's average about 45%

if you are getting CASH to the practice of $500k you need to be in the $200k range - ound crazy high but there is no reason for a doc to be making $400k off you

45% of the 500k is over 200k

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

StefPAC02:  How long have you worked in Derm?  I assume you have been in the practice some time to take 40% of collections.  What would you suggest a new grad (with a clinical rotation in a Mohs practice only) negotiate as a jumping off point?  Do you recommend requesting a tiered contract (say, you re-negotiate pay/production after a certain period of time)?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am about to begin PA school this summer and work in a Mohs only derm office now. We do about 8 Mohs surgeries a day + Excisions in the afternoon. 

The MD would like me to come back as a Mohs/Derm PA but has quoted me at $65k base starting salary. From what I understand there is no % incentive for each surgical case either. This seems like an extreme low-ball offer, but he backs it up with verbal promise of being at 6 figures (assuming at least 100k/yr) within a "few years experience in the practice". 

This practice is located in South Florida. 

HORRIBLE offer

just say no thanks

Send him a copy of the Derm PA pay rates as a courtesy  

Archived