How is Chatham and how difficult is it to get accepted?

I am applying to Chatham as one of my options because my fiancé lives in Pittsburgh and I would like to be close to him. I've have noticed no patient contact is required and GRE scores are not required. Does anyone know why this is the case? Anyhow, I plan to apply before the October deadline since I have all the requirements basically. However, I did not take the GRE yet and was wondering if anyone got accepted without taking the GRE? I will still enroll in a CNA/EMT course so I could apply to other schools if Chatham decides to reject me. This means I could work for a year. But, if I can get accepted this go around I will take it because that means I can start a year earlier than I planned! Also, I am taking Organic Chem and Medical terminology in the fall and I heard that you could still apply as long as they're completed before matriculation. It seems Chatham does not require Organic Chem, but I'm taking it in case because a lot of other schools do require it.

• 2 weeks later...

From my understanding they take the holistic view. I did not submit GRE scores as they were not required (at least I dont recall submitting them) All the courses you mentioned are very helpful. They had over 4000 applicants last year as mentioned by the faculty. I believe they only interviewed maybe 400-600. Accepting around 80. I would say it is very competitive just like most PA schools anyway though.. Based on their approach I believe that is one of the main reasons why i was accepted here.. Good Luck.. Maximize your chances (of course not too too much) and research each school..

From my understanding they take the holistic view. I did not submit GRE scores as they were not required (at least I dont recall submitting them) All the courses you mentioned are very helpful. They had over 4000 applicants last year as mentioned by the faculty. I believe they only interviewed maybe 400-600. Accepting around 80. I would say it is very competitive just like most PA schools anyway though.. Based on their approach I believe that is one of the main reasons why i was accepted here.. Good Luck.. Maximize your chances (of course not too too much) and research each school..

• 4 months later...

Archived