Hello prospective applicants, current students, and alums,

I am an out-of-state applicant and was wondering what your thoughts are of attending the information session this spring/summer. I understand that Stanford encourages to attend one information session, but I guess I'm wondering how important it would be to go. The topics that are going to be discussed are all on the website. Also, do any of the faculty and/or admission committee members attend these sessions to answer specific questions? I don't want to spend the extra money on a flight, hotel, rental car, and time away from work if it isn't something worth going to if I can find all the information on the website. Thank you for your insight. :)

Hi Maely01,

If you are serious about attending Stanford, then I think attending an information session is very important. The student affairs coordinator usually heads the meeting and is very helpful in answering questions, and he is also on the applicant review committee. One of the sessions I attended also had a current student in clinicals there to answer questions about the experience. If you need to make a trip to come out, consider attending one of the information sessions that is actually at Stanford, and contact the students affairs person (Fred) ahead of time and see if you can do a campus tour and/or sit in on a class before the session. The subject of Information Sessions did come up during the interview, so the effort is well worth it. Good Luck!

I respect Veggie's advice but why don't you ask Emilio/Fred directly, just shoot him an email................

We are talking about hundreds of dollars...........just for info session? I'm sure Stanford isn't the only school in your list?

If I were you, I wouldn't do that...........final decision is yours!!!

Archived