Have Bachelors of Arts in Biology- Applying to Miami Dade

Hey everyone, so this is my first time writing on a forum, although I always read posts.

I will be graduating Dec. 2013 with my Bachelors of Arts in Biology. I already emailed the advisement center, and I know I will be applying to the program by December. My question is, if and when I get accepted to Miami Dade... It'll be an AA degree. However, when I apply for a job, will it be as hard since I will have my Bachelors? Or is your bachelors supposed to be in Physician Assistant Studies?

I plan on doing a bridge program to a Masters, but from what I am reading, you must be employed to be accepted in those programs.

WILL I GET A JOB IN 2016/2017??

Hi paligirl! If you're applying for next year's cohort you won't have to worry about the AA part since the program will transition into a Bachelor's program as of next year. Then, from what I understand once you pass your boards you'll be as competitive as most candidates (AS, BS, MS) to get a job. At that point it will be mostly a matter of job hunt strategy, interviewing skills etc....Good luck!

Most employers only care if your are licensed and having a associates won't matter, I know a few miami dade alumni and have found jobs within a couple of months of passing the pance, having a associates vs having a masters might come into play if you are competing for a position with someone else but I feel at the end of the day the MD will go with the candidate who he feels more comfortable with.

Hi paligirl! If you're applying for next year's cohort you won't have to worry about the AA part since the program will transition into a Bachelor's program as of next year. Then, from what I understand once you pass your boards you'll be as competitive as most candidates (AS, BS, MS) to get a job. At that point it will be mostly a matter of job hunt strategy, interviewing skills etc....Good luck!

Hey thanks for the response! But if it transitions into a Bachelors program, does that mean its 4 years of PA studies? (sorry for posting this twice, still learning how to use this)

Most employers only care if your are licensed and having a associates won't matter, I know a few miami dade alumni and have found jobs within a couple of months of passing the pance, having a associates vs having a masters might come into play if you are competing for a position with someone else but I feel at the end of the day the MD will go with the candidate who he feels more comfortable with.

Thanks! But I keep hearing that since every year PA becomes more known and more popular, that now it is harder for newer graduates to find jobs. Thanks for your input!

Archived