A word of advice to applicants and future applicants

First off: Happy Easter to those who are celebrating :) and to those who aren't, I hope you are enjoying your Sunday.

I'm aware I only have one post prior to this, but I would like to get more involved with this MDC section of the forum because I feel an obligation to as a representative of this fine program. No, it is not perfect; nothing is... but I will say I have met some of the most wonderful people who I will remain in contact with for the rest of my life. I may not have posted much but I have been reading a bunch of threads in my spare time for the past few weeks. After going through a few of them I feel it is time to put in my two cents for you. I honestly had no idea this forum even existed until halfway into my first semester and quite frankly I think I'm glad I was ignorant to it. At the same time, I kind of wish I could see insight from those who have gone through everything and spoken to people who were in my situation. None of my friends at the time of my application were even in the medical field. I can't speak for everyone on here but I can say from my own experience that sometimes it is better to not become immersed in other people's stress. You all have enough on your plate... Why add someone else's stress and worries? While I can definitely see this being a great support network, there are a couple of you who have painted a negative picture of MDC. The funny thing is, the majority of you who have done this start off with: "I heard... etc." I won't call anyone out because you are all just as aware as I am when you read these threads. They are NOT students, they are NOT faculty. My point is: to all prospective students reading the negative comments of other applicants, do yourself a favor and take the criticism and negativity with a grain of salt. There is a reason why so-called "insiders" have applied multiple times with no success. The faculty and administration can sniff out the majority of bad apples.

You have the wonderful opportunity to communicate with people who are in your shoes 24/7. In my humble opinion, you should take advantage not by telling horror stories or posting your exam scores, but by sharing questions/answers you have had for faculty, and past/present MDC PA students. Study the material given to you as hard as you can, give it everything you have and you will be in peace with the outcome. This is not a one shot deal. You have as many chances to get in as you are willing to take. Anyone who has been through the process understands how rough it is. I wish all of you the best of luck and look forward to meeting you on here.

Archived