I am in trouble for Self RX for klonopin.

What should i do?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should i do?

• Get a lawyer
    • Explain myself to the board

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a pastor, I've encountered this a couple of times with parishioners. The person who had the best outcome was the one who immediately made contact with the state's support system for impaired medical practitioners and followed their advice to the letter. That included in-patient treatment for his addiction. Usually saying "I'm not addicted" isn't a good way to go.

As a pastor, I've encountered this a couple of times with parishioners. The person who had the best outcome was the one who immediately made contact with the state's support system for impaired medical practitioners and followed their advice to the letter. That included in-patient treatment for his addiction. Usually saying "I'm not addicted" isn't a good way to go.

Guest Paula

I think you are related to: thePA PAC who posted about their DUI and wonder if you are for real, you are twins, or if you are a troll?

Guest Paula

I think you are related to: thePA PAC who posted about their DUI and wonder if you are for real, you are twins, or if you are a troll?

I accidentally made a mistake on another thread http://www.physicianassistantforum.com/forums/showthread.php/39127-DUI-before-PA-school-and-now-facing-licensing-issues?p=384193#post384193 thinking I was writing on this thread, but I will still state the same thing as I did on there:

Being a licensed Private Investigator in the state of Texas, I know for certain you can NOT get a DWI (that is what we call it here) expunged anymore. EDIT: I am sorry wrong thread, but you might want to do some homework and the best thing you can do right now is be honesty.

I accidentally made a mistake on another thread http://www.physicianassistantforum.com/forums/showthread.php/39127-DUI-before-PA-school-and-now-facing-licensing-issues?p=384193#post384193 thinking I was writing on this thread, but I will still state the same thing as I did on there:

Being a licensed Private Investigator in the state of Texas, I know for certain you can NOT get a DWI (that is what we call it here) expunged anymore. EDIT: I am sorry wrong thread, but you might want to do some homework and the best thing you can do right now is be honesty.

I can't believe the pharmacist allowed this, TWICE. I would hold them equally as responsible.

depending on the state, i dont think the law holds the pharmacist responsable. as a courtesy, i would think a nice pharmacist might give a call to the prescriber to see whats up, though. We see a lot of weird combinations of people calling in x for themselves, their spouse, their kid, their nurse, their dog, their mom, you get the picture.

I can't believe the pharmacist allowed this, TWICE. I would hold them equally as responsible.

depending on the state, i dont think the law holds the pharmacist responsable. as a courtesy, i would think a nice pharmacist might give a call to the prescriber to see whats up, though. We see a lot of weird combinations of people calling in x for themselves, their spouse, their kid, their nurse, their dog, their mom, you get the picture.

Guest Paula
Paula, how is your comment helpful? I do have deep concerns about the OP's judgment and fitness to practice, but I give him/her props for having the courage to ask for help. I have held my tongue on this thread but quite frankly your remark put me off.

There was something about the post that made me think it was made up. Still not sure and I'm waiting for an answer from Scrappy. Obviously I have offended you and probably others and for that I ask your forgiveness and apologize.

Guest Paula
Paula, how is your comment helpful? I do have deep concerns about the OP's judgment and fitness to practice, but I give him/her props for having the courage to ask for help. I have held my tongue on this thread but quite frankly your remark put me off.

There was something about the post that made me think it was made up. Still not sure and I'm waiting for an answer from Scrappy. Obviously I have offended you and probably others and for that I ask your forgiveness and apologize.

Nope, not the same person. I am a long-time member but I did not want my story to be associated with my original account. This thread made me feel comfortable enough to ask the questions about my DUI, so that's why I started the other thread.

As for trolling: not at all.

Nope, not the same person. I am a long-time member but I did not want my story to be associated with my original account. This thread made me feel comfortable enough to ask the questions about my DUI, so that's why I started the other thread.

As for trolling: not at all.

I appreciate the apology and I hope the OP can as well.

We are often the only allies for each other on this forum in a world of non-PAs. I think we should support one another and not tear each other down. That's why I was a bit harsh in my response.

I appreciate the apology and I hope the OP can as well.

We are often the only allies for each other on this forum in a world of non-PAs. I think we should support one another and not tear each other down. That's why I was a bit harsh in my response.

wow

sorry to be blunt, but what on earth were you thinking??

Lawyer up - this is your entire professional career we are talking about here!

talk to state about some type of program for rehab

get out the check book as it is going to cost you and talk openly and honestly with your SP as they can either be a friend or foe and you need a friend right now!

To other PAs reading this thread -

NEVER do this!

wow

sorry to be blunt, but what on earth were you thinking??

Lawyer up - this is your entire professional career we are talking about here!

talk to state about some type of program for rehab

get out the check book as it is going to cost you and talk openly and honestly with your SP as they can either be a friend or foe and you need a friend right now!

To other PAs reading this thread -

NEVER do this!

Archived