Interview for Occmed this week; Need advice!

Hello,

I am interviewing for a part time job in Occmed. Its a health clinic inside a Harley Davidson plant. Any advice as how I should prepare for this interview? What are the most common health problems I would encounter in this type of setting? What should I read or study up on? What types of questions I should I ask? Finally, how much per hour should I ask for? I believe the position has no benefits for part time. Any feedback, advice or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thank you!

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Congratulations !
Each manufacturing facility is pretty unique in the type of injuries they encounter with the employees. I would imagine there will be the usual musculoskeletal injuries and probably some exposure to hazardous materials in the employee population at this facility. The best thing you can do is just ask lots of questions about the type of conditions encountered in this setting.

I would also do a general search on OSHA recordable illnesses so you have a general idea about the OSHA consideration in a manufacturing setting. Familiarity with OSHA rules and regulations isn't something most folks will have experience in unless you have worked in an occ. med setting before so just a general idea about this part of the specialty should serve you well for this interview opportunity.

I hope your interview went well!

A prospective employer hot-button and must topic for any interview is how much money I will save them in Work Comp costs by keeping claims down and effectively treating the injured workers.

Remember, it's all about the money.

Archived