UF SPAS c/o 2015 - NHSC scholarship applications

Hey guys!

I just wanted to let you know that the NHSC has opened the application portal for scholarships. Go to http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/scholarships/index.html for more info. Please note that the application closes on May 14 so the window is small!

If you have any questions about the process or what it's like to work at an NHSC approved site let me know. I have completed 19 months of my commitment and am loving it!

• 2 weeks later...

I saw that they look for students that have experience with underserved populations. What are the stats that most scholarship recipients have in terms of volunteering/working with underserved populations prior to applying for the scholarship? I'm just curious to see what my chances are.

I saw that they look for students that have experience with underserved populations. What are the stats that most scholarship recipients have in terms of volunteering/working with underserved populations prior to applying for the scholarship? I'm just curious to see what my chances are.

• 1 month later...

I submitted my application last week. I have 2 years experience working with the Indian Health Service as a Diabetes Clinic Assistant and Health Outreach Associate, and I live and have worked in rural communities throughout MT. I have a 3.78 GPA. This scholarship would be a dream come true!! I know it is super hard to get though!

I submitted my application last week. I have 2 years experience working with the Indian Health Service as a Diabetes Clinic Assistant and Health Outreach Associate, and I live and have worked in rural communities throughout MT. I have a 3.78 GPA. This scholarship would be a dream come true!! I know it is super hard to get though!

Archived