Gardner-Webb University Invitatation

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Greg,

I am a senior, biology student with a 3.7 cumulative gpa and a 3.0 math and science gpa. I will be graduating in May 2014. I have been a student-athlete my entire college career so health care experience has been hard to obtain. I am currently taking classes to become a CNA in order to receive direct patient care contact. Will it be smarter for me to wait until the next matriculation year to apply that way I am a more competitive applicant? Also, are there any recent information sessions available about the program that I can visit?

Dr. G,

Thank you for your response! I have been corresponding with the extremely helpful Mrs. Amanda Chapman. She has been wonderful and answered so many questions. I have scheduled to visit with her and tour the campus next Friday at 2:00. I am very excited. Thank you for bringing another stellar (AND Christ centered) PA program to our State!

• 1 month later...

Couple questions about your program. How is the anatomy lab being set up? Models or cadavers? Will there be additional time available in the lab for studying? What items are in place to help students that may be having trouble with a subject or course? What hours will the campus/library be open? How will HCE be weighed in the admissions process? Will the type (ie flight medic) or number of hours (10+ years as a medic) be something that the program wants to focus on more so than having stellar academics? How close to the campus are the rotation sites? If there needs to be travel, how are the rotations handled? Is there a preference given by class standing or are things such as being married or with children taken into consideration for the rotations?

I may end up with more, sorry. :)

Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions.

Archived