Interview Results

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi bgdog,

First of all, congratulations on your upcoming graduation and thank you for all your contributions to the forum as a student. Look forward to more once you are practicing. Called the program today and they said that no calls have been made yesterday or today. Can you please clarify what you meant by calls going out.

-Thank you

I just got my acceptance call today:)

I am in the middle of choosing between two schools now, I got accepted to Samuel Meritts PA program and its a masters program. But I know Stanford has a good reputation, but my only concern is that its an associates program.

Bgdog can u tell me what the program is like? pros and cons? I know in 2020 all Associate PA programs will be required to change into a masters.

I am in the middle of choosing between two schools now, I got accepted to Samuel Meritts PA program and its a masters program. But I know Stanford has a good reputation, but my only concern is that its an associates program.

Bgdog can u tell me what the program is like? pros and cons? I know in 2020 all Associate PA programs will be required to change into a masters.

Definitely Samuel Merritt...:heheh:

But really, a big congrats on the acceptance!

The Stanford program also offers a masters degree through st Francis university... During your rotations you may choose to take 4 additional classes online through st Francis and u will earn the masters degree that way. I was accepted at Sam Merritt and western university and I chose Stanford (I got my acceptance call today!!).

Stanford's advantage is you are able to rotate through Stanford hospital which is a teaching hospital. I don't know where SMU students rotate through. (i work on pill hill by the way but went to Stanford) if its the end degree you are looking for, Stanford is partnered with St. Francis University and for 5 extra classes during clinical year, you get a MMS at graduation. Very doable Half my class got it.

Also Stanford costs less and EVERYBODY has heard of Stanford.

It definitely helped with my job interviews. I got hired at every interview I went to.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Stanford's advantage is you are able to rotate through Stanford hospital which is a teaching hospital. I don't know where SMU students rotate through. (i work on pill hill by the way but went to Stanford) if its the end degree you are looking for, Stanford is partnered with St. Francis University and for 5 extra classes during clinical year, you get a MMS at graduation. Very doable Half my class got it.

Also Stanford costs less and EVERYBODY has heard of Stanford.

It definitely helped with my job interviews. I got hired at every interview I went to.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Hi Joelseff,

Do you know anything about Stanford vs. Davis' PA program? Davis is significantly cheaper and it is a master's program now. But Stanford works a lot with Santa Cruz county which is where I'll be looking to work. Any advice regarding the two schools and your knowledge of either program placing for rotations in Santa Cruz county? It's hard get definite answers from the programs so it'd be nice to get the opinion of someone already working in the field.

Thanks!

I am not very familiar with the area or surrounding cities but I would definitely like to find a roommate or two. I suppose the orientation will be a good way to find compatible roomies.

Im planning on staying in san jose...i would like to get a studio or share an apt with someone.

Archived