Not per se.

IF you are not coping with the PTSD. By over drinking, or drugs, and are not so irracible that coworkers will not work with you, IF You are not a danger to your patients, then the mere fact that you have PTSD will not stop you from being a fully unrestricted licensed PA.

in most states, you will have to answer a health and psychiatric question section in your license application. If you are in therapy, they MAY Request a quick note from your therapist stating hat there should be no problem.

The boards do not care what you have, as long as you are dealing with it, and it represents no possible endangerment to the public.

Most cases:unrestricted.

A few selected cases: full license with some administrative restrictions ( no working more that 40 hours per week, or more than 20 days a month, etc, needs to stay in therapy for "x" months and therapist needs to report yearly, etc.. But, if this happens, these " conditions" are documented in paperwork between you, the board and your SP. there is no annotation or marking affixed directly to the license itself...

In general, as long as you are not incapacitated socially or by medications, the mere fact you have PTSD, should not affect your ability to get a license.

Regardless of who you are, all of the brotherhood which has gone in harms way has, to varying degree, PTSD.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By SEMPA
      Registration Now Open for SEMPA 360!
      Make a difference in your practice by joining us for SEMPA 360, March 16-20, 2020, in Chicago, IL for the most in-depth and comprehensive educational experience available for EMPAs.
      Register Now To:
      Increase your depth and breadth of medical knowledge Take your emergency medicine skills to the next level with hands-on workshops Learn about the specialty’s latest tools, trends and techniques Connect with colleagues from across the country Build a network of likeminded people And much, much more!  
      And if you register today, you can take advantage of
      the deeply discounted early-bird rates!
      https://www.sempa.org/sempa360/
    • By PAS2014
      Hello folks!
      I am curious as to what all of your experiences are w/ healthcare administration degrees (masters, doctorates, etc) for PAs.  I am planning to start an MHA or one of the DMSc degrees available to PAs within the next few years.  Now, I know that is not to say I really HAVE to have another degree to work my way into administration roles in the future, but I believe it will make me more competitive when I am up against MBAs, MHAs, MDs and RNs w/ advanced admin degrees.  I have been looking at some of the DMSc degrees that are popping up (Rocky Mountain, Lynchburg) and am interested how they compaire for admin roles vs the tried-and-true MHA or MBA.  Do any of you have any of these degrees, and how are you utilized?  Are you finding yourself competitive when seeking out admin roles?  Any recommendations of programs?  TIA!
    • By SEMPA
      2019 SEMPA Emergency Procedures Course
      Oct 7-8, 2019
      Jacksonville, Florida
      - 10.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits
      - All procedures performed on high fidelity simulators
      Airway management (direct laryngoscopy, video laryngoscopy, rescue devices) Lumbar puncture (with and without ultrasound guidance) Arthrocentesis (with and without ultrasound guidance) Intraosseous vascular access Central venous access (internal jugular, subclavian, femoral; with and without ultrasound guidance) Tube thoracostomy Needle decompression Paracentesis (with and without ultrasound guidance) Thoracentesis (with and without ultrasound guidance) Peritonsillar abscess drainage Arterial line placement - Procedural anatomy demonstration on human cadavers (limited hands-on)
      This course is expected to fill quickly so sign up now as registration is limited!
      https://sempa.org/education/procedures/

• By PSU5006
      Hello all

Im a PA 5 years out at a private out of network ortho surgery practice. Ive been with the practice for 3 years and have been praise with my performance. Its 7 docs and 5 PA's so we are carrying a larger work load. I'm on call one weekday a week and one weekend a month. I feel that my compensation is lacking since the weekend Im on call included surgical cases, ER consults and floor consults. Us PA;s literally do what ortho residents would do. We have the most autonomy of any position I have come across. I am currently getting paid 140k with the full weekend of call and I know I am getting underpaid. Dose anyone have any advice as to how to negotiate a better pay?
      TIA
    • By SEMPA
      Registration now open for SEMPA 360 being held April 14-18, 2019 in New Orleans, Louisiana!
      Come learn from the best educators in emergency medicine. Conference favorites include Kevin Klauer, Amy Keim, Haney Mallemat, Michael Winters, and Richard Cantor to name a few. The EM:RAP team will also be joining us again in New Orleans for a day of learning along with a special meet-and-greet to visit with some of your favorite EM:RAP stars!
      Over twenty workshops will give you the skills needed in emergency procedures, airway management, ultrasound, slit lamp, suturing, x-ray interpretation, teaching, ECG interpretation, and more!
      Over 40 lecture sessions will cover topics such as critical care, trauma, pediatric emergency medicine, ophthalmology, cardiovascular emergencies, GI disorders, infectious disease, literature updates, and high risk emergency medicine.
      There are also plenty of social activities to enjoy with old and new friends. A wine and cheese reception, opening party at Mardi Gras World, and the SEMPA Quiz Bowl competition will welcome you to the EMPA event of the year.
      CME is available for PAs, physicians, and NPs.
      The discount for early bird registration ends Feb 13. The hotel room block is also limited so sign up now!
      For more information:
      https://www.sempa.org/sempa360

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More