newbee

Hi all!

I'm new to this forum.

I live in Dallas Tx with my family.I'm a foriegn medical graduate with a bachealor degree in Medicine.

I live to start PA school in Tx.Now please guide me which school are good from all prospective include tution,i should be able to finish on time,not much trouble during school.

Please also tell me how long it is going to take to complete all the prerequist courses.

Go to the websites for the various schools you are interested in. Read them and write down all of the information that is important to you, i.e. tuition, pre-reqs, etc. Once you know what pre-reqs you need to take, figure out where you want to take them and how many courses you want to take at a time.

Super PA did you find anything yet? Google PA school in Texas. Search their wwebsites, look for IMG friendly schools and go for it. LESH already provided you many useful websites....THANKS LESH, as I always said, "You are life saver". DElco714 is a nice boy just got tired...........don't mind pls ;-)

Did you Volunteer or Shadow any where in US? How you gonna get your US Clinical Experience?

Register yourself in your local community college Eng Composition class, that's the req of all PA school. Don't waste time. Winter/Spring enrollment already started.

Ask questions, don't worry about people's comments, no question is stupid. Welcome to the forum ;-)) Happy Holidays!!

To Samina,

yes I have lot of experience.Since I'm a medical doctor,foriegn.I actually work with PA ,and they work with me,we work together not under shadow.But any way I have >10 year of clinical experience. 8 year in my country and 3 year in USA.

I also have 2 year volunteer work as a doctor in USA.

Cooooooooool!!!!

How did you work as a doc wihout taking your Medical Licensing Exmas?? How did you get your ECFMG(Education Commission of Foreign medical Graduate) certificate??

So did you ever take USMLE?? Why not?? WHY PA school NOW?? Why you prefer PA over MD?.....I'm telling you all interview ques.;-))))))

By the way what is your Speciality?

Hey make sure ask your PA school which evaluating company they want you to do your degree evaluation?? CASPA doesn't care but schools are very picky. WHY you want your evaluation now b/c you are already too late for this cycle. I believe you don't need your degree evaluation if you are taking ur pre-req in community college which you should do. I don't know how things are in Texas? As I said call PA programs ask their specific req for International Medical Grads?? Go to community college in person and take their entrence exams. I believe for Maths and Eng.....very basic, register yourself first without wasting ur Spring semester and than start looking for more options and requirements. Go to CASPA website, just google it, read their FAQ, read it ag and ag, email them if u r not clear, they are very good in answering questions. Good Luck!!

Thanks a lot Samina.

Yes I passed My USMLE exam and ECFMG certified.I want to join PA school because I like to balance my life as well as give high quality care to the patient which I see is possible by being a PA.As a doctor one cannot balance completely 2 things.Also I see as a PA you better take care of patient by giving appropiate time and generally patients are more satisfied with PA than doctor,where patient always complain than doctor did not give them enough time and did not listen to them because of high volume of patients.

In texas there is a enterance test for community college admission and I am afraid of Math test since I took 15 year back any math test.

Are you also applying for PA ,which state are you?

I'm in CA. I took maths test too. It was very basic. Just google elementary algebra or maths and start practicing from there. You should knoow decimals, multiplication, fractions, and division......elemenatry level OR go to you tube and type basic maths tutorial. I think that will help you. Also, go to their testing center and ask for Sample Maths Test, they do have it in the exam room, go inside and ask for it, don't hesitate, that will help you a lot. Start practicing same style and format of maths Questions.

Hey why didn't you apply for residency?? another interview question??

make sure tell the truth, you cannot fool them ;-))

Archived