What do you guys think of this? Please let me know your opinions! Thanks :)

Hello!

As you guys all know I have been posting a lot on this forum to get answers ( which I did ) I now have a plan set in mind and I just need to know what you guys think or if you have anything to add on to it!

Since I have my GED high school diploma I have decided to start off at a Community College where I live, which is in New York. The school has a pre-req PA program. you can see it over here: http://www.kbcc.cuny.edu/apdegree/pages/KCCBIO.aspx#PHYSICIANASS

From there after completing two years I will then transfer to a 4 year college, such as city college, york college, ST johns college, Touro College etc who offer a 4 year bachelors in science physician assistant. That means that's is a total of 4-5 years of becoming a PA. If i get good grades and work really hard into this! What do you guys think?

Also does anyone know what classes I might have to take while doing pre-req? I have talked with the adviser but totally forgot all the classes he has mentioned for me to take.

Thank you!

In the link you provided, all the prereqs they want you to take are listed. Did that answer your question, or are you asking something else?

The whole thing sounds like a good deal. One thing I would want to know is how many apply to be transferred to the PA program vs. how many are accepted,and what the average stats of those accepted into the PA BA program were.

I know nothing of the programs you hope to get into...did you happen to notice if they require Health Care experience and if so, how many hours? Of what quality? ie: unit clerk good enough or do they actually want you touching patients?

My second question is born completely out of ignorance...Have you successfully overcame the barriers that prevented you from achieving your HS Diploma, and have you since been academically challenged to ensure that your new way of approaching school is effective?

Archived