Writing to Admissions Director For Tips As A Reapplicant

I want to become a PA more than anything else and am willing to do all it takes until it becomes a reality. I have applied for my first time this year and unfortunately did not get accepted nor interviewed. I was optimistic when I submitted my application as everyone should be however, I was no necessarily surprised when I was not accepted. I am aware my application is in need of improvements before reapplying however I want to be sure this is what the schools I'm applying to want from me before I go ahead and do what i think they'd want from me.

This is the draft of the email I plan to send out. PLEASEE comment and critique, I'm not too sure if it sounds okay.

Dear ABCD,

I am writing to you today to ask for a reevaluation and insight on how I can improve my overall application to your Physician Assistant program when I reapply. When I submitted my application I had a 2.93 science GPA and an 2.74 overall GPA. I had over 500 hours of healthcare experience along with two certifications as a Phlebotomy and an EKG Technician.

I understand the application process is extremely competitive and am aware that there are areas to be improved upon. Would retaking science courses or completing a MS program be preferred to boost my GPA? I have also since the time of my application started my new job as a Nutrition Clerk at a hospital where I communicate with the patients and other healthcare professionals to ensure accuracy with diet orders, nourishment, supplements, and tube feedings. While there is some patient care experience within my job, I would like to know if additional shadowing or more hours utilizing my certifications would be suggested?

Despite being deferred my first time applying to your school, ABCD remains my first choice and I am determined to do everything necessary to make myself a more competitive applicant in my next application.

Thank you for your time.

You need to raise your GPA and increase your HCE but you already knew that. There's no point in writing them.

i agree. many programs have a minimum requirement of a 3.0 gpa...raise your gpa as much as you can and continue working. it's not going to be easy but it will be well worth it in the end.

But would they prefer me doing so by retaking courses or in a graduate program? Since the cost between the two is significant and they may or may not prefer one or the other I figured I'd ask that much. Still no point in asking or do you think a specific question like that would be worth asking?

Don't waste your $$$ in a graduate program, instead retake upper level classes and all classes you got lower than a B in. Heck I even retook classes I got a B in and 4.0 them....partially due to the fact that they were more than 6 years old but some weren't. But why take grad classes if you don't have A's in your lower level classes?

Seconded, don't do a grad MS program. I don't think you should bother e-mailing them, but if you do, here is what I think as far as editing:

I am writing to you today to ask for a reevaluation and insight onas to how I can improve my overall application to your Physician Assistant program when I reapply. When I At the time I submitted my application, I had a 2.93 science GPA and an 2.74 overall GPA, along with . I had over 500 hours of healthcare experience along with twoand certifications as a Phlebotomy and an EKG Technician.

I understand the application process is extremely competitive, and am aware thatI would like to improve my GPA and healthcare experience. there are areas to be improved upon. Would retaking undergraduate science courses or completing a MS program be preferred to boost my GPA? I have also since the time of my application started my new job as a Nutrition Clerk position at a hospital, where I communicate with the patients and other healthcare professionals to ensure accuracy with diet orders, nourishment, supplements, and tube feedings. While there is some patient care experience within my job, I would like to know if additional shadowing or more hours utilizing my certifications would be suggested?

Despite being deferred my first time applying to your school ABCD remains my first choice and I am determined to do everything necessary to make myself a more competitive applicant in my next application.

Thank you for your time.

Think it will be frowned upon to not to retake courses at my previous college (Rutgers)? Just want to take them somewhere where I could possibly save a few $$

That might be a worthwhile question to ask a few schools. Personally, I think admissions do make some distinction between university and CC but that most universities are considered the same...I would at least do the retakes at a university.

Archived