MARCH 22nd Entrance Exam

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The test is on paper and you won't know your score unless you're brave enough to ask Jackie or ask during the interview. Also, I got invited to the interview exactly one week after I took the test, they sent me an email.

The email says its computer-based. Maybe they changed the format since computer based would be easier to grade? What was the essay component like? Thanks! =)

The email says its computer-based. Maybe they changed the format since computer based would be easier to grade? What was the essay component like? Thanks! =)

Yes it is a computer based, the essay will also be on the computer...I think the essay will be like personal statement...that is my guess though...

I though everyone will be called for the entrance exam, no?

Nope, they have said "The MDC PA Program has approximately 500 applicants for the next class... We will invite approximately 250 of the 500 applicants to continue the application process."

Hey guys! I received my email to take my exam on March 22nd! I'm really excited but also incredibly stressed! I've been studying like crazy, but kind of confused on the math portion. I know they said it'll just be on "basic medical math" such as conversions, however I read a post that the math part was absolutely horrible, and NOT just basic math conversions. Does anyone happen to have any insight on this?

Wow I was not expecting that many people to respond. At least 50 of you guys that have never even posted on here. I tried to help as many of you as I could. PM any specific questions you have and your credentials if you want more specific info. I can't help you if you're just some Joe Schmo that works at Fed Ex.

Good luck to those testing tomorrow!

At this point complaining isn't going to help anyone, I think we should of gone out of our way to study more than the material provided. Lets face it if we plan into going to PA school do you really think they will tell you what's going to be on the test, we are expected to have knowledge in this area to an extent. Granted I agree with you guys but remember, this world is not fair we have to adjust and roll with the punches. I was definitely not prepared for some of the questions I got, but I attempted them as best as I could. I just felt like we should of all gotten the same questions, some got 1 math conversion problem I got 5 and others got 10; it's wasn't equally distributed in my opinion. Keep positive and hopefully we come out on top, if not then there's always next year.

At this point complaining isn't going to help anyone, I think we should of gone out of our way to study more than the material provided. Lets face it if we plan into going to PA school do you really think they will tell you what's going to be on the test, we are expected to have knowledge in this area to an extent. Granted I agree with you guys but remember, this world is not fair we have to adjust and roll with the punches. I was definitely not prepared for some of the questions I got, but I attempted them as best as I could. I just felt like we should of all gotten the same questions, some got 1 math conversion problem I got 5 and others got 10; it's wasn't equally distributed in my opinion. Keep positive and hopefully we come out on top, if not then there's always next year.

Archived