Wait Listed for Class of 2015

Hi all,

I received an email from Wendy today stating that I was wait listed this year. I wanted to ask any students from last year's entering class if there was any movement on the list. Did students get accepted off of the list; if so, does anyone know how many?

Thanks!

Congrats all who were accepted! What an honor!!!!!!

Pmahoney-check out the "previously tabled students" thread from last year. I don't know if that was typical wait list movement, but #8 was offered a slot by mid-April. A current student told me one of her classmates was accepted just a few weeks before class started if I remember correctly (not sure what number). I am also on the alternate list, so fingers crossed for both of us!

I believe a fair amount of my classmates were accepted off the waitlist. I know at least 4, and think that one guy got in who was in the teens. Could be wrong, but depending on where you're at, you probably still have a good chance. One of the girls heard back in June, so it could be a long waiting process. Keep being positive!

Wendy said that last year 18 people came off of the list. The year prior no one came off the list. Last years thread of "previously tabled students" people just listed which number they were on the wait list so other people knew where the list was at. That's a huge help. Hopefully the same thing happens this year too!

Sjones, I'll go ahead and kick off that list--I am at lucky #6 and will keep ya'll posted if I hear anything. I know waiting for a definitive answer is not fun and there is a lot of hard work that goes into getting this far, but even making it to the interview with Duke should give any applicant warm fuzzies. I know I was incredibly impressed by all of the cantidates on my interview day and suspect that the rest of the applicant pool was equally talented and accomplished. Congratulations to those who were accepted and good luck to the other folks on the waitlist--I hope everyone who wants a seat is able to get one!

• 2 weeks later...
Sjones, I'll go ahead and kick off that list--I am at lucky #6 and will keep ya'll posted if I hear anything. I know waiting for a definitive answer is not fun and there is a lot of hard work that goes into getting this far, but even making it to the interview with Duke should give any applicant warm fuzzies. I know I was incredibly impressed by all of the cantidates on my interview day and suspect that the rest of the applicant pool was equally talented and accomplished. Congratulations to those who were accepted and good luck to the other folks on the waitlist--I hope everyone who wants aseat is able to get one!

EMTrey, we haven't heard from you so I'm just guessing there hasn't been any change to the list?

Sjones, I'll go ahead and kick off that list--I am at lucky #6 and will keep ya'll posted if I hear anything. I know waiting for a definitive answer is not fun and there is a lot of hard work that goes into getting this far, but even making it to the interview with Duke should give any applicant warm fuzzies. I know I was incredibly impressed by all of the cantidates on my interview day and suspect that the rest of the applicant pool was equally talented and accomplished. Congratulations to those who were accepted and good luck to the other folks on the waitlist--I hope everyone who wants aseat is able to get one!

EMTrey, we haven't heard from you so I'm just guessing there hasn't been any change to the list?

O.k. folks, I promised an update if I heard anything, so here goes: I just got an e-mail from Wendy that I have moved to the #1 slot and am on deck. I can't believe it and am absolutely floored / humbled right now. I genuinely hope the list keeps moving and all of those waiting for a seat are able to get one (and that those who give up their seat are doing so for a program they feel best caters to their career ambitions). I hope to be in Durham come August along with all of the others who are anxiously keeping up with this forum. I know everyone on here has worked tremendously hard toward getting into a program and am keeping my fingers crossed for all of us.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all, I received my acceptance e-mail last night. I am beyond excited, but don't think it has fully settled in yet. I hope everyone ends up where they need to be this admissions cycle and wish all of those still waiting the best of luck!

Great news EMTrey! The long wait is finally over.

Archived