Re-Applying to CASPA for the 2014 Cycle

Like some, I did not receive any invitations to interview for any of the schools I applied to; which I expected as I was attempting to come straight out of undergrad from the University of Illinois. I have over 1500 hours of clinical experience as a Physical Therapy Technician and personal aide to students with Cerebral Palsy, I have traveled abroad for medical missions trips, my science GPA is a 3.0, overall 3.3 and exceeded the requirements for the GRE. I am going to reapply for the upcoming cycle, but I am wondering what I need to do in order to improve my application this time around. Thanks!

in order to improve your application i would suggest retaking any science courses (and even other pre req courses if you have the time) you received a C or lower in..many schools require a minimum science gpa of a 3.0 so in order to be considered a competitive applicant i would suggest exceeding the bare minimum by as much as you possibly can

Maybe also work on your Personal statement and LOR. Don't use the same personal statement as previous year, change it around. the admission uses point system, you get some points for GPA, some on PS, some on GRE and some on HCE, some on LOR. and they add all the points up. if you get the minimum for interview, woala you will get an interview.

Like some, I did not receive any invitations to interview for any of the schools I applied to; which I expected as I was attempting to come straight out of undergrad from the University of Illinois. I have over 1500 hours of clinical experience as a Physical Therapy Technician and personal aide to students with Cerebral Palsy, I have traveled abroad for medical missions trips, my science GPA is a 3.0, overall 3.3 and exceeded the requirements for the GRE. I am going to reapply for the upcoming cycle, but I am wondering what I need to do in order to improve my application this time around. Thanks!

Which schools did you apply to? I-L-L...

I'm still researching, but I'm gearing towards programs that don't require biochem. I need to retake the course, and probably will, but I guess I am just super overwhelmed with not getting in anywhere. I am looking at Trevecca Nazarene and Bethel in Nashville, probably going to re-apply to Midwestern Downers Grove and maybe Northwestern (only because it is my dream program and it's close to my home), and looking at schools in New York and on the East Coast. I submitted the last week of July, which I know didn't help me because I look the same on paper as my friends who got interviews at Midwestern, so I am going to try and get everything submitted after I graduate it May. Where are you applying to?

I applied to Midwestern Downers Grove and Glendale AZ, Northwestern, Rosalind Franklin and Cornell. I really wanted to either stay local or go to the East Coast, so that's why I chose to apply to all the Illinois programs I liked even though they are more competitive than a lot of other programs. And I couldn't really afford to apply to 10+ schools like some of the people I know did (and I thought it was rather excessive, to be honest.) My application got put on hold for an interview at MWU Glendale, but I never heard anything back from them or Downers Grove. I know that I need to broaden where I'm applying to, I just need to figure out where. I am really geared toward getting into a program that is PBL based... and not in the middle of no where.

Archived