New grad in new office

1. Is there anything illegal about a new PA-C working at a Newly established primary care office, with minimal phone contact with MD? (Mostly middle aged patients, obviously no previous medical records/charts provided, MD signs off charts weekly)

2. How do I make sure they are billing at PA level and not MD level?

It depends on the grad. If the grad was a strong PA student with significant HCE behind them going into the program I might be able to support this. It also depends upon how your "delegations of services agreement" defines supervision (if you are in California). I have to agree with others it's far from an ideal job for a new grad. What makes you think there are billing issues?

It depends on the grad. If the grad was a strong PA student with significant HCE behind them going into the program I might be able to support this. It also depends upon how your "delegations of services agreement" defines supervision (if you are in California). I have to agree with others it's far from an ideal job for a new grad. What makes you think there are billing issues?

I am a little paranoid when it comes to my license, I think of worst case scenarios. Billing issue is something we were made aware of during rotations, in case PA services were billed at MD level, the PA is ultimately responsible or so they said.

Thank you everyone for your input, I decided against this offer.

Archived