Incoming STATS

C/O 2015 stats most likely won't be available until August. The stats for C/O 2014 are:

sGPA 3.29

cGPA 3.33

28-29 years old

30% California

30% Nevada

40% Everywhere else

My personal stats are as follows:

Undergrad Ed School: California State University Fullerton

Major: Communications, emphasis in Advertising

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 2.31 (Fresh 2.05, Soph 2.09, Jr 2.46, Sr 2.70)

Science Undergrad. GPA: 1.75

Graduate Ed School: University of Phoenix (South Coast Campus)

Major: MBA, emphasis in Marketing

Cumulative Graduate GPA: 3.69

Science Graduate GPA: N/A

Post Bach School: UOP and Southern California University of Health Science

Cumulative Graduate GPA: 4.0

Science Graduate GPA: 4.0

Total cGPA: 2.93

Total sGPA: 3.56

Age at application time : 32 (31 first time applying)

1st GRE: N/A

2nd GRE: (if applicable)

Direct Patient Care : 414 hours - ER Tech

Other Health Care :400 Hours Primary Secondary Care (CPR) instructor / Rescue Diver Instructor (OWSI), Certifications / Licenses as 12 Lead EKG Tech (NCCT), Phlebotomy (ASCP), ACLS, PALS, NRP and some other scuba diving emergency first responder certifications

Extracurricular/Research Activities: 530 Hours PA Shadowing, 768 hours of various volunteering, Sigma Pi Fraternity - Leadership School, IFC President, VP Programs, & VP Recruitment, Various Committee Chairs. Honors and Awards from previous work experience.

AS Allied Health Science

AA Gen Ed

BS Healthcare Management (Summa Cum Laude)

Overall GPA 3.51 Science GPA 3.38

21 years direct patient care experience ( I think I estimated about 43,000 hours, but that is probably a little low), zero PA shadowing but extensive experience working with PA's, lots of misc volunteer, and numerous training certs like ACLS instructor, PHTLS instructor ect.

Hope that helps

• 11 months later...

I am currently on the wait list for touro University I haven't heard anything back yet so I think my chances of actually getting accept at this point are very low. I called to ask the counselor how to improve my application for next year just in case I do not get in this year and he told me my application looks good and didn't have any particular advice on how to improve it. I was wondering if any of the accepted students have any advice for me. here are my stats

cGPA: 3.67

sGPA: 3.48

patient care experience at time of application: 100 now it is 950 as EMT

Shadowing hours: 100

volunteer hours: 300

AMSA pre-health club officer for two years, Golden key honors club member, MASS scholarship scholar, 

I wouldn't say your chances of being accepted from the waitlist are low. Maybe around a third of the 2015 class was accepted off of the waitlist. 

Don't quote me on this but if I remember correctly, the top 2 people on the waitlist are considered super alternates and are invited to attend orientation in the event one of the accepted students doesn't show. And if that is the case they are given a spot (which actually happened in our class and one of the alternates was accepted on Day 2 of orientation).

I also remember something about the super alternates being offered a spot automatically for the following class if the spot doesn't open up. So I'm not 100% on that but I would double check if this is the case.

I think your stats are fine. You were interviewed so the adcom thought you were good enough to be on paper to attend the program. You were also on the waitlist which also means that they like you enough to offer you a spot. 

Something I would do is apply earlier and follow-up on the secondary application right away because TUN is on rolling admissions. So its basically first come first serve on interviews and acceptances.

Increasing HCE and volunteering totals are always good regardless if you get in or not. I think your GPAs are great!

Thank you so much for the advice. I didn't realize they accept so many people from the wait list. I asked the counselor a few months ago what number I am on the wait list and he said they don't have numbers for the wait list yet but I'll try asking again. This school is my number one choice so I'm really hoping to get accepted the program sounds great. 

Archived