Pain Management-- advice about job outlook

Hello Folks,

I an moving from a Nephro job to either Family practice. But past few weeks i have been offered quite a few PAIN jobs.

Now i want opinion from other PA-C who have been working in this field, salary, job outlook, how satisfying it is?? any challenges??

I have 4+yrs as a PA-C exp.

Thank you

Hello,

I am currently working in an interventional pain clinic. I LOVE it! A huge portion of the success of the clinic is my SP. He is one of the best physicians and persons I have met. Excellent compensation! Lots of work and maybe not as maybe benefits on paper per say. However there are also ALOT of clinical benefits not on any contract anywhere. We are looking to add another PA. Let me know if you would like to look into it more. We are in Salem, OR, which is a great place to live as well. The field is expanding rapidly due to the poor management of pain and controlled substances in our society. In our clinic it is NOT just writing Rx for pain. We do many, many procedures to treat pain in order to minimize need for any meds. It is very satisfying helping get people back on track. There are those tough patients every one likes to talk about in pain medicine. However our clinic is very strict with what we put up with and the management of their pain complaints. It is nothing like the nightmares you may have heard about with pain clinics and their patients. The website is below. Contact me if you want to talk more.

http://www.paincareoregon.com

Archived